Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mind change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About half that difference with the boost on the AWD though.

So it comes down to is the other half of the difference worth $6000.

If one is planning to track the car- Yes, it is. Because you get track mode. You can always sell the boat anchor 20s for better/lighter wheels.

If one is not planning to track the car then IMHO no it's not- because the brakes make no difference on the street, the wheels are worse so you're back to needing to replace them anyway... so all you're really getting for $6000 is a roughly 0.5 second reduction in 0-60

To play devils advocate, the lowered suspension, red calipers, spoiler, and rims are a nice exterior upgrade in the looks department. That is, IMO, worth some extra cash.

Reactions: Arctic_White
Eh, I think the rims are worth negative money. They're big, heavy, hurt mileage, and easy to damage. If I ended up with a P3D+ selling them and getting much better, smaller, rims, would be #1 on my agenda.

The suspension is a whole 0.39" drop, pretty minor.... and if you're not tracking then the $6000 saved getting AWD+ instead of P3D+ can get you a lot more/better suspension and cosmetic upgrades than come on the P.

• Love
Reactions: Arctic_White
So I’m 4 weeks In waiting for my long range Model 3. Now I’m starting to think maybe I should change my order to the performance model... I’m not to sure what I should do.. I just received a text yesterday saying another 3-6 weeks and apparently if I ordered a performance today it would be the same.
Are the wheels and brakes worth it?
I know it’s faster but both are faster than most cars on the road and fun to drive anyway. Can anyone help??

Just tooling around town or are you going to use it for long distance travel? Personally, I would go for range. It's already so damn fast.

They have been showing up on the website lately, but at the same cost as the regular P with upgrades. The biggest benefit of the stealth was that it was only $2K more than the LR AWD.

If stealth Model 3 Performance was only $2K (or heck, even $4K) more than LR AWD then it's a no-brainer. At $8K+ (and add in your taxes), the value proposition decreases rapidly.

As others have stated, 20" rims are a liability. They weigh more, ride is worse, rims are way easier to bend, and tires get punctured easier due to tiny sidewall. My previous two cars had 20" rims and the tires were stupid expensive to replace.

18" tires are the sweet spot and I'm super happy with the LR AWD.

So not to bad after having the vehicle since Friday and going over every bit of it. I only found one issue and they are fixing it no questions asked

Attachments

• 393BF180-D02E-42DC-88C7-2A6397D94A2C.jpeg
    393BF180-D02E-42DC-88C7-2A6397D94A2C.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 50
  • BADF4D82-284C-4AE9-9DF3-961877C23F34.jpeg
    BADF4D82-284C-4AE9-9DF3-961877C23F34.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 33