Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor windshield divots -Tesla Service good?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe minor windshield divots and very small cracks are repaired with transparent resins. It should not be a big deal. Has anyone had this done by Tesla? What was cost/ time? Would it make sense save money to have it done 3rd party?

On my previous Tesla it probably had a hundred tiny nicks over the 4 years I owned it, one right in the drivers sight of view. Then on my new Tesla it got one in the same place on the drive home. It's annoying as all get out! I've never had a vehicle where the windshield got nicks so easily, and curb rash.

Keeping a distance of 5+ cars when trailing helps a ton in reducing these as well as paint rock chips but sometimes it’s unavoidable. If in line of sight your insurance may cover a windshield replacement. I purchased extra insurance on my MX windshield from a private party.

On my previous Tesla it probably had a hundred tiny nicks over the 4 years I owned it, one right in the drivers sight of view. Then on my new Tesla it got one in the same place on the drive home. It's annoying as all get out! I've never had a vehicle where the windshield got nicks so easily, and curb rash.
Within the first week, rock chip directly in front of the driver. Otherwise, zero issues in 51 k miles, 25k of them road trips at 75-80mph.

2014 Avalon, living in the exact same environment, replaced the windshield twice in 140k miles.
2009 VW Sportwagen, 1 windshield in 110k miles.

2011 VWGTI, 60k miles, zero windshield. 2019 Avalon, zero issues in 70k miles. Ditto for ALL my other cars...2015 Leaf, 2018 Ford Fusion, 2017 Prius, 2018 Prius...I could list more, going back 50 years, well over a million miles.

Windshield issues? Totally random. Curb rash? Operator error...every...single...time...