Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Miserable experience ordering winter wheel package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded in my S 75D about 6 weeks ago for an inventory S on the last day of last quarter. The new S has 21" arachnids and I was assured it would be an easy process to get them switched to 19" winter wheels quickly (as I live in Colorado and had serious concerns about the arachnid/sport wheels in snow). I was encouraged to order the winter wheel package online which I did about 1 month ago. They charged my card immediately and said I would receive more information after they ship. After not getting any information for 2 weeks, I emailed the online store. No response. After 3 weeks, I reached out to my owner advisor in Denver. He is always super responsive and he was with this as well. He spoke to the service center the next day, but unfortunately told me he couldn't dig up any information until they ship. After this, I attempted to escalate the issue for executive review via my Tesla account and received an email a few days later apologizing for any inconvenience and that they were reaching out to the online store and would have more information for me by the end of last week. Last week passed without any further information being relayed to me.

I'm now sitting at home in a snow storm, knowing I can't trust the 21" sport wheels I currently have for my commute to work tomorrow. I'll find a way to get to work tomorrow safely, but I can't think of another time in my life when I've spent what I spent on these wheels without any ability to get information about my purchase. I'm actually more willing than most (I think) to be patient with some of the customer service issues Tesla is facing as their customer base is rapidly expanding, but this particular issue is making me anxious about safety which is motivating me to seek a response sooner than later.

At the end of the day, I stuck with Tesla instead of going with aftermarket wheels because I trust them. I'm sad to think I may have made the wrong choice.

• Informative
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I ordered a replacement set of 19”’s to retire my 21’s to the basement. (Best move I ever did for my Mosel S).

Ordered online and confirmation said 8-12 weeks and my card was charged. I called my Decatur GA SC, great guys there, and they were able to order a set of wheels and tires and make me a set in 1 week. Took 2.5 weeks to get my CC refunded back from the On-line Tesla Store.

Push your SC to see how they might be able to order and put something together for you much quicker.

ps....you’ll love the 19” tires so much more than the 21” ones. Cool factor -80% EVERYTHING ELSE +99% better. I’ve had two M S’ with over 120k miles between them on 21” tires. I LOVE my 19” replacements....

I was encouraged to order the winter wheel package online which I did about 1 month ago. They charged my card immediately and said I would receive more information after they ship. After not getting any information for 2 weeks, I emailed the online store. No response. After 3 weeks, I reached out to my owner advisor in Denver.

I'm in almost exact same position except I've not heard from my local SC yet (Bellevue, WA). Not a huge issue as we don't have the same snow issue (although I'm doing the snow dance for the season) but I'll be intrigued to see if you get this resolved, especially as they've had my money for a month and given me no information.

I'm in almost exact same position except I've not heard from my local SC yet (Bellevue, WA). Not a huge issue as we don't have the same snow issue (although I'm doing the snow dance for the season) but I'll be intrigued to see if you get this resolved, especially as they've had my money for a month and given me no information.

Kind of shocking right?? Maybe I'm spoiled living in our age of Amazon-like info/tracking, but not being able to get any updates or information about who to contact is underwhelming. I'll definitely update the thread as I get more info...

I live in Western Colorado and bought the 19 inch snow tire package through Tesla last year. I can't remember how long I waited, maybe 3 weeks, but had them delivered by mobile service to my garage (about 300 miles from nearest service center). I was not expecting that service! It may be that ordering them so near winter places extra time for delivery. I hope you get them soon. Swapped mine on the car 2 weeks ago.

Similar boat here. Ordered late Sept, charged next day. No tires yet, nor a solid ETA despite escalating with online order support and my local parts department.

First snow/ice storm of the season hit Denver last night.