Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missed EoY supercharger and FSD deal - when's the next best time to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Changes/improvements/enhancements occur continuously....more are already on their way (heated steering wheel; new door cards; etc).

As always, buy when your desires match your budget and know that something better will always come along but you won’t care as you’ll have spent the prior days/weeks/months/years driving your Tesla instead of waiting for that “just right” time to buy, if such a thing even exists.

Stay healthy.

Now. You'll *maybe* end up with the new headlights and center console. Don't think about the incentives that Tesla is offering because they only come around when they need a push to cross the finish line to meet a target. If you can get one now, then do it.

Reactions: Big Earl
I wouldn't wait 3 months just for the possibility of a short FSD trial or some supercharging miles. If you're otherwise ready to purchase then I would just do it. However, if you're planning to buy a model s or model x I would definitely wait a bit longer. There are murmurings and even sightings of a refresh for these models, possibly in the coming weeks. You wouldn't want to be one of the last people to take delivery of the old model.

Reactions: Big Earl
If you order now, you may not get delivery until the end of 1st Quarter. By that time many of the new changes will be integrated into Fremont.

After year end rush to get all domestic production delivered, they begin loading production onto ship for European and Asia deliveries.

No matter when you take delivery, additonal features or price reductions will be just around the corner. Seems impossible to time things so everything works out perfect.

Believe only Fremont and China will be producing Model Y in 1st Quarter 2021.

As other GigaFactories begin production on the very popular Model Y strategies will be constantly be shifting.

Looks like Tesla will almost double production capability next year (2021)

As larger cities begin to clamp down on ICE sales and use in their city centers, more and more buyers will be motivated to consider Electric Vehicles.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC