Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missed update 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was traveling (not with my car) and saw the update in my app but didn’t update the car since I was out of town. Just got home and noticed the update is gone from my app and not in the car either? Will Tesla resend at some future date? Didn’t know it was so time sensitive. Any input would be welcome. Thanks.

My 2020 LRMY started downloading 2022.36.2 on Wednesday only to freeze while downloading. I tried everything I knew to do including rebooting the Model Y and deleting and re-adding the WiFi connection. The download crawled, never got beyond 7% download completion. Twice upon entering my Model Y the Software settings screen noted that my Model Y was running the latest version (2022.28). The download restarted and then froze again. Currently showing that 2022.28 is the latest version. I can only assume that Tesla has paused downloads of 2022.36.2 at least for some vehicles pending further analysis. (Read a post of one owner who stated that after installing 2022.36 that their frunk opened on its own, twice while the Tesla Model Y was parked.)

Upvote 0
My 2020 LRMY started downloading 2022.36.2 on Wednesday only to freeze while downloading. I tried everything I knew to do including rebooting the Model Y and deleting and re-adding the WiFi connection. The download crawled, never got beyond 7% download completion. Twice upon entering my Model Y the Software settings screen noted that my Model Y was running the latest version (2022.28). The download restarted and then froze again. Currently showing that 2022.28 is the latest version. I can only assume that Tesla has paused downloads of 2022.36.2 at least for some vehicles pending further analysis. (Read a post of one owner who stated that after installing 2022.36 that their frunk opened on its own, twice while the Tesla Model Y was parked.)
I believe the post about the frunk opening on it's own was due to S3XY buttons, not the update. At least that's what I read.

Edit: S3XY buttons

Upvote 0
Just completed installing 2022.36.6. This was after the download of 2022.36.2 failed to complete. This was about 2 weeks ago.

Slogged through a 5 hour download; it just crawled until the last 30% and then seemingly completed in a flash.

The install was supposed to take ~25 minutes (as with every other install) but it actually took twice that long to complete.

Upvote 0
My car attempted the 2022.36.6 update several times, over 5-6 hours unsuccessfully before finally completing it. Now, I noticed that listening to podcasts is more challenging because the screen and steering wheel controls no longer work properly.

Upvote 0
Just completed installing 2022.36.6. This was after the download of 2022.36.2 failed to complete. This was about 2 weeks ago.

Slogged through a 5 hour download; it just crawled until the last 30% and then seemingly completed in a flash.

The install was supposed to take ~25 minutes (as with every other install) but it actually took twice that long to complete.
This was essentially my experience yesterday.

Upvote 0