Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing equipment upon delivery of M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After delivery of my Model 3, a couple things were missing: the SAE J1772 charging adapter, and the lug nut cover puller. I know the young fellow who delivered the car must have taken the puller, but the charging adapter, I don't know. It possibly wasn't delivered at all. I've notified tesla.com/support four times of this problem with no reply whatsoever. I should've checked out every detail before accepting delivery, but was too happy just staring at the car!

After delivery of my Model 3, a couple things were missing: the SAE J1772 charging adapter, and the lug nut cover puller. I know the young fellow who delivered the car must have taken the puller, but the charging adapter, I don't know. It possibly wasn't delivered at all. I've notified tesla.com/support four times of this problem with no reply whatsoever. I should've checked out every detail before accepting delivery, but was too happy just staring at the car!
I don’t remember getting the lug nut puller but you should have the charging adapter. I’d just contact the SC rather than support.

Reactions: McFlurri and Tron 3
I bought the hub cover and the lug nut covers but they didn't come with the puller. Everyone except a kid maybe 8 or under should be able to pull the lug nut covers with their fingers. They come right off, but are tight enough to be retained at speed. Over a 2,800 mile trip I didn't lose any, and the highest speed I reached momentarily was 106 MPH. The average speed was around 70. (and there went my ability to get a preferred rate for insurance from Tesla :rolleyes:)
Unless you actually saw the man take the charging adapter, or positively knew it was there prior, I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

• Love
Reactions: outdoors and P85_DA
My lug nut cover puller was in the glove box in a little cellophane bag. Like others have said, not much to it. You could probably make one by bending a 3” piece of heavy-gauge wire. Just ask them for it.

J-type adapter and NEMA 14-50 are critical pieces of equipment. That was just an oversight. They can probably take them from somebody else’s yet-to-be-delivered Model 3