Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB Ports in new deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it kind of frustrating that Tesla doesn't reach out to customers whom have been affected by this.

I scheduled a service appointment today, for 12/20/21, to fix the USB issue and this is the answer I received:

"Hello, this is Ray with Tesla Service and I am preparing your upcoming appointment. We have started to received the parts for that- I have sent this to the parts team. If we have the part they will set it aside for you and we'll see you on Monday. If not, we will reach out to reschedule until the parts arrive. Thank you!"

My new MY doesn't even have the empty holes for the USB ports in the center console! The two rear USB-C ports are there, but don't charge. Is this a documented part of the problem, or is this a separate issue? (I haven't heard anyone mention the rear ports, but perhaps I overlooked that).

My new MY doesn't even have the empty holes for the USB ports in the center console! The two rear USB-C ports are there, but don't charge. Is this a documented part of the problem, or is this a separate issue? (I haven't heard anyone mention the rear ports, but perhaps I overlooked that).
The two rear USB-C ports were always power only, never for data.

Are you sure that your center console does not have two USB-C ports inside the center console. The inside of the console compartment is covered in black flocking, the USB-C ports are black and tiny. Impossible to see without a flashlight and knowing that the ports are deep inside the compartment on the rear facing wall of the compartment.

Reactions: preilly44
Are people still getting cars delivered without the front USB-C hub/ports or has that been rectified?

I ask because I have one of those hub-less Ys built in November and my mobile service appointment has been pushed back for the 3rd time because the Atlanta SC still can't get the part. I'd be curious to know if Tesla is prioritizing these parts for Fremont or for customers who've already paid for their car. I think I might already know...:rolleyes:

Are people still getting cars delivered without the front USB-C hub/ports or has that been rectified?

I ask because I have one of those hub-less Ys built in November and my mobile service appointment has been pushed back for the 3rd time because the Atlanta SC still can't get the part. I'd be curious to know if Tesla is prioritizing these parts for Fremont or for customers who've already paid for their car. I think I might already know...:rolleyes:
@shoemakj Sadly you have the answer correct. Fremont is mostly or entirely building 3/Y with front USB-C ports again (charge only now), and has been for a while now from what I've seen. So if they're still pushing back your retrofit, it's not a supply issue anymore, it's just a Tesla corp issue.

Reactions: shoemakj

This must be incredibly frustrating for you. I was annoyed and mine took 3 weeks. My mobile service guy didn't seem like he had a problem finding the usb hub, but then again I am located in SoCal. Hope things get resolved soon.

Reactions: shoemakj
Teslas day of screwing customers are going to end soon and abruptly. Hopefully they are looking forward towards having real customer service. Love my MY but given the choice between a tesla and comparable Toyota I’d opt for the car company that knows how to build cars and provide service to their customers. Come on Toyota and others lets get off the dime and force Musk to treat customers like, well like customers instead of hostages.