Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB Ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know a guy who bought 2021 model S (95K). Didn't get a charging cable
That’s terrible. What location? That seems to play a big role, among other things of course, but would be great to know what specific locations these things are happening at…just saying, because I had a pretty incredible experience all around at the WPB Tesla. It seemed that they did a proper inspection of the vehicle and had it ready, fully charged, for my delivery.

I was told by Tesla today that ALL Deliveries from now until EOY will have missing USB C in the front and possibly missing wireless chargers
They're probably the same piece of equipment, hence why everyone who has missing USB C ports also reports wireless charging not working. This sucks though as my EDD is beginning to mid December. Oh well, I'd rather have the car with one missing part than no car.

Odd, since I ordered a set of floor liners and got a UMC delivered yesterday.
Lol, this exact thing happened to me. Ordered floor mats last week for upcoming delivery, received UMC… have you been able to get in contact with Tesla support? I’m curious if there will be an issue with the standard refund process since the product returned won’t match what was ordered.

Lol, this exact thing happened to me. Ordered floor mats last week for upcoming delivery, received UMC… have you been able to get in contact with Tesla support? I’m curious if there will be an issue with the standard refund process since the product returned won’t match what was ordered.
I emailed Tesla (onlineorders) with the order ID in the subject, explaining what happened, and they sent a FedEx return label. They are aware a UMC is being returned. Took over 24 hours to get back to me however.

That’s terrible. What location? That seems to play a big role, among other things of course, but would be great to know what specific locations these things are happening at…just saying, because I had a pretty incredible experience all around at the WPB Tesla. It seemed that they did a proper inspection of the vehicle and had it ready, fully charged, for my delivery.
Long island......and.........................they didn't deliver it even though the job listing for service advisor says they deliver. And.....they didn't show him how to work it. Said watch the youtube videos. Since the stalks are gone he had to adapt to buttons and he's used to turning the wheel with one finger

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
I just picked up my 3 on 11/20. I have been trying to figure out why my iPhone wasn't charging and yes I'm missing the ports too. I'll be calling customer service where I purchased on Monday to let them know how inconsiderate it is to not have informed me and just to be sure they will be fixing. As good as Tesla may be, the competition come out next year is just what they need to keep them on their toes.

Hi I took a delivery of a 2022 MY last week and I was concern about it, checked all the ports and everything looks to be normal now... it has all the USB-C ports and wireless charging installed and working. Maybe it was an issue at that time or a assembly issue... but mine came fine!

Filled out the form, MYP ordered 11/03/2021 and delivered 11/22/2021 to the Savannah, GA location, since I am in a state where it is illegal for Tesla to sell their cars directly. This is my second MY, and it was flawless in all ways, [anel gaps were perfect and the paint was spot on. The first thing I checked was the USB ports and wireless charging, both were present and worked fine. I was quite astounded at the higher quality of the build as compared to my 2020. Night and day difference.

Don't know that it matters but it was a 2022 MYP in Deep Blue Metalic with a tow hitch factory fitted.

My advisor said it was mostly M3's that were coming without the USB ports. IDK how much credence I put into that statement though.

Filled out the form, MYP ordered 11/03/2021 and delivered 11/22/2021 to the Savannah, GA location, since I am in a state where it is illegal for Tesla to sell their cars directly. This is my second MY, and it was flawless in all ways, [anel gaps were perfect and the paint was spot on. The first thing I checked was the USB ports and wireless charging, both were present and worked fine. I was quite astounded at the higher quality of the build as compared to my 2020. Night and day difference.

Don't know that it matters but it was a 2022 MYP in Deep Blue Metalic with a tow hitch factory fitted.

My advisor said it was mostly M3's that were coming without the USB ports. IDK how much credence I put into that statement though.

Blistering fast delivery. Congrats!

Reactions: Cyberspeed
Blistering fast delivery. Congrats!
Indeed. What made that strange is that it was not previously offered to anyone else. Production for it started the day before I ordered it and it was 2 weeks and it was in my possession. It was an all-cash deal in which I did not change any of the parameters at all during order time. Just got really lucky to be within the time they were making a batch of the blue ones. And as I said before, QC was much better on this one.

Reactions: WhiteWi and Steve S
I just added my information to the spreadsheet. I took delivery yesterday (11/28) of a Model 3 LR and had to investigate why the wireless charging wasn't working on any phone. Like others have said, it's really bad PR to send a car out incomplete and let the customer discover it eventually on their own.

The service appointment I received to correct the issue is on January 11th. (first available). I LOVE the car, but the customer communication needs an upgrade.

Reactions: torifile
I just added my information to the spreadsheet. I took delivery yesterday (11/28) of a Model 3 LR and had to investigate why the wireless charging wasn't working on any phone. Like others have said, it's really bad PR to send a car out incomplete and let the customer discover it eventually on their own.

The service appointment I received to correct the issue is on January 11th. (first available). I LOVE the car, but the customer communication needs an upgrade.
While you wait enjoy best car you have ever owned!

• Disagree
Reactions: turrmoil