Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB Ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While you wait enjoy best car you have ever owned!
That can't charge phones or accessories without a user running cables across the cabin. Don't get me wrong the car is awesome, but the problem still is that Tesla isn't disclosing this to customers it seems. There is no reason why someone should accept delivery and then find out on their own that their wireless charger doesn't work or the are missing USB Ports. If Tesla discloses that issue at least then a user knows they are accepting a vehicle missing parts.

I'm surprised that Tesla had the buyer schedule an appointment for the fix. One would think this is something that Tesla should automatically be setting up when people accept delivery of the vehicle. There's a chip shortage and a pandemic so it makes sense that there could be issues in regards to all the hardware in the car. But there are a lot of folks giving Tesla a pass for not even disclosing this issue to customers. At the very least that rubs me the wrong way.

Reactions: SoTX_WestTX
Picked up my 2022 Model 3 Performance (VIN 112xxx, November 2021 built) on Saturday. Qi charging works and the USB-C ports feel like they are there. I don’t have any USB-C thumb drives to test.

I don’t have a Google account to update the spreadsheet.

Has anyone received a car without USB ports? I’ve read a few articles that some cars are being delivered without them. I’m scheduled to pick mine up 11/22 and would be pretty annoyed if it’s missing a basic thing like USB ports. Scares me they may be cutting corners on other things.

I had received a text message from Tesla a few days before delivery saying due to global supply issues some cars may have usb chargers missing and that there might not be any wireless charging functions BUT owners would be invited to have retrofits when supply normalises. I was lucky that my Tesla came “whole”. Got it yesterday and loving it.

Reactions: BigNick