Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MLB Blue Jays broadcasts on TuneIn SN590 not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks: Recently I upgraded my X to MCU2 but I did not opt for the FM tuner. Now that the baseball season is here, I want to listen to Toronto Blue Jay games in the car. I had expected to do so using TuneIn since they have the SN590 station listed. I can connect just fine to the station but the game does not broadcast. Instead I get a US based talk show. I checked on my Subaru AM and the game is being broadcast. Does anyone know a way to get the live broadcast on a Tesla that doesn’t cost or at least doesn’t cost an arm and a leg? I am posting a similar thread on the general forum.
Thanks.
Bob

You can't stream from a phone unless you have a paid subscription. I find it somewhat annoying that I can hit the AM button and go to SN590 in my 10 year old Subaru and I can listen to the ballgame--no cost, no streaming, no bluetoothing, no data use. In my mega $$$ thousands Tesla, somebody (not Tesla) always has their hand in my wallet and forces me to use my data (my car has premium connectivity already paid for) and I have to pay for a subscription. Admittedly it is not expensive but it shouldn't be that way. This is a giant step backwards.

You can listen to the games in your Model 3 by switching to the Sportsnet 590 feed on their HD FM station.
  • Tune your radio to the FM band and find KiSS 92.5
  • Switch to HD channel 3 — that’s where you’ll find Sportsnet 590 The FAN
This works for me.

I just realized you have a model X, so this probably doesn't work for you.

Thankyou for your suggestion jdg52, but I don't have FM. When I upgraded to MCU2 and saw that SN590 was listed on the installed TuneIn app, I didn't do the FM upgrade. Didn't see the need as I can stream on TuneIn all the FM radio stations I need just not SN590. Grrrrrr!

Do you have Sportsnet TV on cable at home? It isn't ideal but maybe you can just get the audio by "watching" the video of the game on your phone via the Sportsnet app. You just have to enter credentials on a regular basis which is a pain. If you have Rogers Cable then you can enter that into the app to get authenticated. Of course, you will be using way more data.

Reactions: BobX