Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Charger no longer included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, duh. Do you think I didn't consider both options?
Keep looking? How much time do you think I have to search out the one or two electricians who are charging less than the going rate, and where would I charge until then -- especially since the nearest public charger is over 40 minutes away? LOL (eye roll) just because my experience doesn't match your experience doesn't mean it isn't real and didn't happen. And it doesn't mean I'm an idiot who has never hired tradespeople before.
I did not state or mean to imply that anyone was an idiot. In the current market electricians may try and charge as much as possible for what is not a particularly difficult or time consuming job. Caveat emptor.

Inflation is pretty bad. Everything is going up. Removing something to save money makes sense from business perspective. As much as we don’t like it we will survive.
Removing something that was communicated to be provided as part of the order, with people relying on that in installing their home charging connections (detrimental reliance, which is a contract theory that contracts can be formed by people spending money or doing some act in reliance on the promise), then changing it for those already existing orders, is not a sensible business move.

Changing it for orders moving forward, maybe. But I don‘t think so myself. Same with the lumbar support. Having really nice front seats should be part of the expectation for cars in this price range.

Removing something that was communicated to be provided as part of the order, with people relying on that in installing their home charging connections (detrimental reliance, which is a contract theory that contracts can be formed by people spending money or doing some act in reliance on the promise), then changing it for those already existing orders, is not a sensible business move.

Changing it for orders moving forward, maybe. But I don‘t think so myself. Same with the lumbar support. Having really nice front seats should be part of the expectation for cars in this price range.
It's amazing the number of mental contortions some people will make to justify anything Tesla does! #youreholdingitwrong

Inflation is pretty bad. Everything is going up. Removing something to save money makes sense from business perspective. As much as we don’t like it we will survive.
Have you listened or read Robert Reich and other economists on the reasons for the inflation, as (not saying Tesla specifically) corporate profits soar? I don‘t buy that as a reason for not including the promised charger for existing orders, or making it an upgrade for new orders. I understand the material waste argument for new orders moving forward. But not delivering for existing orders is not the way to do it, and I think they could structure the change for new orders better.

Hell, my 2005 VW Passat TDI (built on the Audi A4 platform, and I would argue a similar earlier car to the Y, albeit ICE) which my Y will replace, came with lumbar support on both sides in the front. Manual and not electric, but it was there in both heated leather seats.

@sleepydoc instead of Disagreeing with me about what makes sense as cutting cost measures it would be more productive to let Elon know how you feel. If you didn’t already.
Already did. Respectfully suggesting he confirm that current orders include what was advertised and communicated, and asking that he reconsider how he rolls out this move for orders moving forward, with a ”green” opt out option. That option easily could be required before an order can be placed.

In case you missed my previous posts. I already said multiple times that I am not in favor of such move. And I do hope we will get MC as advertised when we placed our orders. I do hope Tesla would clear the confusion faster. And I also told people to go to Twitter and let Elon know how we fell about it. Maybe he changes his mind!

Reactions: DanDi58
In case you missed my previous posts. I already said multiple times that I am not in favor of such move. And I do hope we will get MC as advertised when we placed our orders. I do hope Tesla would clear the confusion faster. And I also told people to go to Twitter and let Elon know how we fell about it. Maybe he changes his mind!
Ok, I just don’t get some of your subsequent posts then. (one recently said it could be a good business move for him to do what he did). But yeah, I did go on Twitter, where I rarely go as I find sound bite or meme type communication annoying, and followed Elon, and left a comment as I posted up stream a couple posts.

@WhiteWi I think it's the fact that you keep trying to explain away what I like most people believe this to be a a very Poor decision on Elon's part and is completely unfair to those of us with an existing order. I do acknowledge that you have done as you say above and communicated via Twitter that you're not in favor of this. Which I appreciate. It's ok to admit "the emperor isn't wearing any clothes".

@WhiteWi I think it's the fact that you keep trying to explain away what I like most people believe this to be a a very Poor decision on Elon's part and is completely unfair to those of us with an existing order. I do acknowledge that you have done as you say above and communicated via Twitter that you're not in favor of this. Which I appreciate. It's ok to admit "the emperor isn't wearing any clothes".
@WhiteWi Gotta say I am with @804son on this point. I agree name calling probably doesn’t help and isn’t pleasant, but nor is whitewashing, explaining away, enabling, pollyanna-Ing. Gotta call a spade and call people and companies on breaking promises, etc.

lol. This dude actually defended Musk to me in another post by explaining how rich he is. I think he's very okay with his emperor not wearing any clothes.

@WhiteWi Gotta say I am with @804son on this point. I agree name calling probably doesn’t help and isn’t pleasant, but nor is whitewashing, explaining away, enabling, pollyanna-Ing. Gotta call a spade and call people and companies on breaking promises, etc.
Fair enough but that is how I see it. Also how is it whitewashing when I am telling people to complain directly to CEO about their displeasure? It is super unfair to raise prices and to take away parts and bits but as far as I know common practice in business. We can send signal by not buying Tesla, would I do it? No.