Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model ☰ License Plate Ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately in Illinois we can't get personalized plates for electric vehicles. All electric vehicles in Illinois will have random plate numbers that end in EL for instance XXXXXX EL
That's interesting, I never considered that. PA doesn't seem to have any restrictions/special instructions for an EV. I'm not sure why they would be treated differently? Is it because they get special parking privileges, or can they use HOV lanes even with one occupant?

That's interesting, I never considered that. PA doesn't seem to have any restrictions/special instructions for an EV. I'm not sure why they would be treated differently? Is it because they get special parking privileges, or can they use HOV lanes even with one occupant?

Or, from a more cynical point of view, to allow a state to collect additional fees from EV owners to compensate for supposed losses in gas tax revenues (as some places are already doing or planning to do)? :mad:

I'll stick with my venerable

14383252771_823208efc8_n.jpg

that I have been using since 2011. Plates went on my S yesterday. A new 3 would replace the S, if I decide to go that route.

It may be boring compared to some that others choose but I live in an area where EVs are very rare so my goal is to teach others that plug-in cars exist. Would be nice to have SUNPWRD though.

Reactions: fallen888
or, the 3 replaced the E as in l33t speak

I'll be sad to see my N3RDY1 plate go... and it'll be a little weird with T3SLA on a Jeep, but whatever!

No more weird than my new ________ plate hanging on the back & front of my 2008 Subaru Tribeca. I figure 'no worries I'm just gonna let my Tesla Freak Flag Fly loud and proud.

Oh I'll fill in the blank when I get my plate in the mail... I don't wanna risk loosing it. NJ has WAY too many drivers (and judging by the line I waited in lots of new tesla fans).