Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3’s reportedly warehoused in Maple

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are people skeptical? Why would someone, a member on this site, make this up?

Strange cynicism.

Pre delivery work will take a bit of time and there are lots of cars going to be delivered shortly so they likely need a big space to stage everything. Good to see. They said 4-8 weeks when people configured online so I reckon some people will be getting their cars within 5-10 days. Anyone want to bet a coke?

• Funny
Reactions: Canuck and pmich80
Why are people skeptical? Why would someone, a member on this site, make this up?

Strange cynicism.

Pre delivery work will take a bit of time and there are lots of cars going to be delivered shortly so they likely need a big space to stage everything. Good to see. They said 4-8 weeks when people configured online so I reckon some people will be getting their cars within 5-10 days. Anyone want to bet a coke?

I think its more.. we dont just believe anything/ everything we see or hear on the internet.

Some of us are using critical thinking skills and would prefer evidence.

Strange cynicism.

My default is skeptical for stuff like this. Any of these could be probable:
-the poster is entirely correct.
-the poster confused a shipment of Model S/X with the 3 (as I mentioned before, I've seen plenty of people confuse the S for the X so it could easily happen).
-the poster dislikes Tesla and wants to yank the chain of a bunch of folks by getting their hopes up.

It's a bit of a trust but verify sort of situation. I'm going to assume that the poster is correct but won't get too excited about it without verification of some sort. As for us getting our cars within 5-10 days, I dunno. Tesla has been awfully quiet so far aside from the calls to BC. I guess 10 days could technically happen based on the timeline that some people in the US have seen from VIN assignment to delivery, but I'm not sure if we can extrapolate their experiences to our situation.

Well TrevorP @model3ownersclub did mention the following on April 17:

Model 3 Owners Club on Twitter

Yes he did and then on his video released this weekend he mentioned calls coming from Tesla for June deliveries. Starts at 9:45:

Disappointing considering he got my hopes up last week sounding more ‘imminent’.

As far as Maple storage is concerned @bgeorgi did say if not Friday than next week. He was also asked by a few to narrow the location down with no responses. New member and first time poster aside I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer (like I have a choice!). If it’s correct they may want to accumulate numerous cars before hosting a delivery event at a temporary delivery center.

Why would someone, a member on this site, make this up?

They said 4-8 weeks when people configured online so I reckon some people will be getting their cars within 5-10 days.

1) For any reason or for no reason at all.

2) Buyers usually need the VIN and some time to finalize loans and insurance. I would expect VINs to go out more than ten days before the first delivery.

Isn't the VIN permanently printed in the car in various places - some visible and some hidden? How can a car have been manufactured without having VINs issued? Or does Tesla create the VINs and report them to Transport Canada or whomever?

Poor comparison. I think I asked why people are cynical, I didn't suggest people should believe everything.

I don't know why "people are cynical" but I do know why I doubt this thread: because applying just a little bit of critical thinking makes the premises of this thread fall apart. No VINs, no paperwork, no communications at all from Tesla, a warehouse being loaded with 3s and not one single picture. Add to that: the rumour was started by a one-post member. In my view, anyone who is not cynical needs a wake-up call.

Isn't the VIN permanently printed in the car in various places - some visible and some hidden? How can a car have been manufactured without having VINs issued? Or does Tesla create the VINs and report them to Transport Canada or whomever?

The VINs are assigned when the car is made since, as you say, it has to be stamped on the car in various places. But we are suppose to not be cynical and believe that Tesla is holding back telling owners their VINs until they are called to some warehouse where they will be given their VIN and vehicle, or perhaps they will get their VIN a few days in advance. Either way, none of it makes sense to me -- I guess I'm just cynical in nature. ;)

I don't know why "people are cynical" but I do know why I doubt this thread: because applying just a little bit of critical thinking makes the premises of this thread fall apart. No VINs, no paperwork, no communications at all from Tesla, a warehouse being loaded with 3s and not one single picture. Add to that: the rumour was started by a one-post member. In my view, anyone who is not cynical needs a wake-up call.

The VINs are assigned when the car is made since, as you say, it has to be stamped on the car in various places. But we are suppose to not be cynical and believe that Tesla is holding back telling owners their VINs until they are called to some warehouse where they will be given their VIN and vehicle, or perhaps they will get their VIN a few days in advance. Either way, none of it makes sense to me -- I guess I'm just cynical in nature. ;)

While I wait for proof before I believe they are being stored in Maple, the follow can still apply.

1. It is entirely possible cars are in Canada and are being stored at warehouses. (The fact that someone hasn't seen the trucks and taken pics does not mean it could not have happened). They could be staged there until the final preparations are made to the expected delivery hub.
2. VINs are assigned to the car on the assembly line. That does not mean it has to be assigned to a buyer right away. It is possible cars destined for Canada need additional steps taken before VINs can be assigned to buyers.
3. Once VIN assignment happens, buyers will have the usual time to get their finances/insurance in order.

Again, while I believe most of us aren't taking this at face value, it is not completely out of the realm of possibilities.

Reactions: 03DSG
While I wait for proof before I believe they are being stored in Maple, the follow can still apply.

1. It is entirely possible cars are in Canada and are being stored at warehouses. (The fact that someone hasn't seen the trucks and taken pics does not mean it could not have happened). They could be staged there until the final preparations are made to the expected delivery hub.
2. VINs are assigned to the car on the assembly line. That does not mean it has to be assigned to a buyer right away. It is possible cars destined for Canada need additional steps taken before VINs can be assigned to buyers.
3. Once VIN assignment happens, buyers will have the usual time to get their finances/insurance in order.

Again, while I believe most of us aren't taking this at face value, it is not completely out of the realm of possibilities.

A lot of things are "entirely possible" and within the "realm of possibilities." That really means nothing to me since if you read my replies, I never ruled it out. I just find it suspect for the reasons I have stated.

Again, call me cynical, that's fine by me. But I would say in reply that I don't require proof beyond a reasonable doubt. I only require that the civil standard of burden of proof be met -- which is "more likely than not" or 50% plus anything -- even 50.000001% would tip the scales for me. But so far we have a one-post wonder leading everyone down what looks to be a garden path and I've exited that path long ago. But it's fine for you and others to keep walking along it since of course, anything is possible. I hope it takes you to that secret warehouse and, if it does, I will be the first to say "I was wrong".

Model 3s for sure. I visited Tesla in Yorkdale two weeks ago Saturday just to see the model 3 in person and questioned the sales rep about them being in Ontario. He confirmed that they are here and stated that they are waiting for the Ontario government to approve the rebate before they start processing. Not sure how true this is but I will take it. I know everyone CAN’T wait . Although I am surprises the Lawrence store doesn’t have a model to showcase

This was posted on April 19. It says that it was April 7 that he was told by Tesla the Model 3s were sitting in a warehouse "waiting for the Ontario government to approve the rebate before they start processing." We know know the Model 3 is on the Ontario list for rebates, and has been for over a week now:

Eligible Electric Vehicles

Tesla supposedly tells @bgeorgi the vehicles are in Ontario on April 7. I got a call from Tesla last week and was told June for mine --- but back east we are suppose to believe they already have them, Tesla freely tells at least one person that -- yet it's now all a secret? If I was in Ontario I would call -- read to them what's posted -- and ask if it's true. Hasn't someone who ordered done that? If so, they should be telling you what they told @bgeorgi -- except you can now say the 3 is on the list so what's the excuse for the wait now?