Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 2 years free supercharging issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I bought my Model 3 while they were having the promotion to increase their sales. Since I wanted the stealth model, the only one they had had 650 miles on it so I agreed to pick it up. My Tesla rep told me since it's a "test drive" car there will be an $1190 reduction. When I picked up the car, 3 rims had a scuff on it but I didn't care since I got the reduction and I was getting 2 years free SC.

After waiting for 6 weeks and now constantly following up for the past week, they are coming back and telling me "oh the adjustment for 1200 also included the free 750 paint so you won't get the free SC". At this point, I'm livid because I paid 51k for a used car with scuffs on rims. Mind well no one mentioned this to me while I was signing the paperwork OR after when I confirmed with my sales rep. She actually told me it will be added on 10/7 (picked up car 9/30).

I have responded to her email which has the operations manager cc'd on it but I wanted to see if anyone ran into this issue and how were they able to resolve it? As much as I love the car had they told me this within the 7 days and NOT 6 weeks later, I would have returned it as I can't have a charger attached at my place and I'm 90% dependent on the SC. The only reason I was able to justify the expense of the car is because of the offset of fuel.

I really appreciate you taking the time to read and will love to hear from the community

Sam1, I know it was either 2 upgrades/discount or 2 years free SC. From the get-go, I told them I wanted the free SC. Since the car had 650 miles and damage on the wheels they adjustment 1190. Now they are coming back and telling me no part of the discount was the free paint as well. I NEVER was informed that the adjustment included the free pain or agreed. They only told me the adjustment was for the extra miles. So now after 6 weeks for them to come back and tell me oh it's the free paint so we can't give you the free SC is bull.

Sam1, I know it was either 2 upgrades/discount or 2 years free SC. From the get-go, I told them I wanted the free SC. Since the car had 650 miles and damage on the wheels they adjustment 1190. Now they are coming back and telling me no part of the discount was the free paint as well. I NEVER was informed that the adjustment included the free pain or agreed. They only told me the adjustment was for the extra miles. So now after 6 weeks for them to come back and tell me oh it's the free paint so we can't give you the free SC is bull.

They already have your money and you are outside the return window. Welcome to Tesla’s version of customer service.

• Disagree
Reactions: M109Rider
I purchased my car and took delivery on September 29th. I paid for my upgrades and was promised the 2 years free super-charging. Upon delivery I was told I would receive the free super charging in my account in 10-14 days. Almost 7 weeks later, I still haven't received it and am constantly harassing my sales rep about it because this also influenced my decision to buy at that time. I tried calling Customer Service but they just refer you back to your sales rep.

Aqua this is the same issue I'm having. The customer service rep was nice enough to email the sales rep, her boss, and the operations manager of that location and the sales rep boss told the customer service rep that they didn't know either and they are looking into this. So I'm hopeful something comes out.

It happened to me also. After multiple emails back and forth, SA told me his boss tell him no 2 years free supercharging. I am not happy at all, finally they offered me $500 credit from Tesla store and I take it. Just don't want to get bother and I don't use supercharging much any way.

I heavily rely on the supercharger as my landlord won't allow me to install a home charger. With the phantom drain, I'm charging every other day even though my 2-day commute is only 120 miles but I'm lost almost 250 with sentry mode. So I absolutely need the supercharger until I can move and get into a house... This is horsecrap and I will keep fighting.

Tesla really botched the Sept promotions. Free extras / 2 year supercharging.
Assuming you shopped during the weekend those programs launched I have no doubt you told information which now they will not honor.

Although I got 2 free years supercharging, I was told I would get extras free as well if I choose an in stock car that weekend.
I almost did but in the end went with White paint so extras became mute.

Basically it was terrible communicate from the leadership to the sales team about what the promotion entailed. They neatened it up later but in the process elected to screw over all those that were told something different by the sales reps that weekend.

Anyway, I will drive to NY and we can swap cars my Sept 19 built LR AWD with 2 free years supercharging for your Stealth with no supercharging and scuffed rims. Solves your problem and gives me a faster car :)

• Funny
Reactions: Sherlo
Haha, that's a good one. Since the SC is on your account and not the car, the moment I take the car, I will lose the free SC for 2 years even from your car and thus making the trade completely futile.

Fairly certain Free Supercharging type things same as FSD stay with the car ; not the owner at least that is how it worked when they had free supercharging on certain model S cars in the past ; but yes was joking so not going to research to find out.

Reactions: nhusein7
Good news all. The team really pulled through. I called the support line and they send an email to the sales rep and her manager and she just called me saying that her manager fought with finance/operations team and they approved the supercharging so it should be active by next week.

w00t w00t. Big shoutout the TELSA team for an awesome job!

Reactions: mreynolds767
Good news all. The team really pulled through. I called the support line and they send an email to the sales rep and her manager and she just called me saying that her manager fought with finance/operations team and they approved the supercharging so it should be active by next week.

w00t w00t. Big shoutout the TELSA team for an awesome job!

Hi, I am having the same problem not getting the two years of super charging that they promised me, and no one is fighting for me.

What phone # did you call?

And any recommendations?
Thanks,
-Adam

It happened to me also. After multiple emails back and forth, SA told me his boss tell him no 2 years free supercharging. I am not happy at all, finally they offered me $500 credit from Tesla store and I take it. Just don't want to get bother and I don't use supercharging much any way.

Hi, I am having the same problem with them promising me the two years of supercharging and now they won't give it to me. Any recommendations on how you got the credit?

Thanks,
-Adam

Hi, I am having the same problem with them promising me the two years of supercharging and now they won't give it to me. Any recommendations on how you got the credit?

Thanks,
-Adam

Hey Adam,

Did you have any email communications with your Telsa representative? Fortunately for me, I had emailed them asking about it and I was able to use it. I had also called the Tesla customer support and I had gotten a really nice representative who sent an email to my sales rep and her manager. And I was also cc'd on that email and I provided with the original email about me asking about the promotion.

Adam, I had to fight a lot and I was calling the showroom every day demanding to speak to the sales rep, their boss, or whoever I could speak to. I even went to the showroom in person. Just keep fighting man and I'm sorry this is happening to you. I know how you feel!