Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 as a company car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all first post here. I've ordered a M3 SR+ as a Company car delivery early Feb. As this is done through a leasing company (lex) how does it all work with the tesla account etc. It's it in your name or the leasing company etc. Cheers in advance.
In my case, pretty sure I've just been added as a secondary account. I can log in to the app and have control of the car, but not any purchasable options. If I log in to the website I can see my supercharger history, but can't see the car itself. Adding credit card details initially worked fine.

In my case, pretty sure I've just been added as a secondary account. I can log in to the app and have control of the car, but not any purchasable options. If I log in to the website I can see my supercharger history, but can't see the car itself. Adding credit card details initially worked fine.
OK cheers for the info. So no real draw backs as a company car owner?? What about premium connectivity as I've heard that seems to carry on??

I've not found out about premium connectivity yet - I've only had the car since June.

In my case, the lease company were given my work email address and used that to add me as the secondary account, so I use that to sign in with.

Service appointments are a little bit grey. Tesla want to deal with me, via the app, and I'm not sure how much the lease company know/get told, as the owner, via emails, etc. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't bother managing their Tesla fleet via the app.

My experience is that the lease company don't/didn't know how to deal with Tesla. The ordering and delivery process wasn't particularly smooth. Rather than try and solve any problems, the lease company just blamed Tesla. This left a sour taste to be honest.

Day to day, it's fine. The app works as it should, supercharging works fine, my own Spotify works fine.

Luke

Cheers for that done good info. I've already spoke to the lease company to tell them tesla aren't like any other car manufacturer etc. And the fact they're is a lot of info needed for the driver to have full experience with the car but it seems to fall on deaf ears.