Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Australia center console data ports?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, as others have said the centre ports are charging-only ports now (since late 2021/early 2022). I don't believe Bluetooth controllers work yet. It was a bit disappointing when this feature was added to the new Model S/X in a recent (Nov/Dec) update but not the 3/Y. It's not due to lack of processing power - these cars have Ryzen CPUs. I know sometimes S/Xs get features because they're a more premium vehicle but this is restoring a capability that existed when people placed their orders and didn't exist when their cars arrived.

So, I just upgraded my Model 3 from SR+ to LR. It was manufactured on 9 Feb 2023 and does not have data in the center console ports. So I went through a bunch of forum threads and decided to see if I could order the Tesla part for the USB module and swap it out and source the cable off Amazon. Well to my surprise Tesla cancelled my order by saying that the ordered part is not available for my specific vehicle as mine is 2023 model and that part is for 2021 model. So I had a look at the videos for the more expensive options from other providers and the videos show the installation and it does not really match my car.
The access to MCU on mine is way harder as the passenger side footwell has been redesigned and looks like the piece they take out in the videos to access the MCU USB port is not so easy to remove as its been merged into a larger piece.
So my question is, has anyone found an upgrade option that would include the USB module and cable that would be compatible with 2023 Model 3 and would also have instructions on how to install it on 2023 model?