Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 "Buy FSD" Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email from Tesla telling me to shell out $3000 for FSD because the price of it is going up in the future.

I bought my Model 3 LR AWD in January of this year, shipped out in February with Autopilot and the FSD (I believe?) options at the dealership that I bought it at. Now, I thought I already have FSD, but why is Tesla telling me that I need to buy it? On my account management page, it tells me I have the option to upgrade it for $3000 as well. What is going on?

I got an email from Tesla telling me to shell out $3000 for FSD because the price of it is going up in the future.

I bought my Model 3 LR AWD in January of this year, shipped out in February with Autopilot and the FSD (I believe?) options at the dealership that I bought it at. Now, I thought I already have FSD, but why is Tesla telling me that I need to buy it? On my account management page, it tells me I have the option to upgrade it for $3000 as well. What is going on?

Take a look at the documents section in your My Tesla account. Should have a copy of the MVPA that shows your config. If your MVPA is not there, and you no longer have a copy, you will have to ping Tesla to get a copy.

Your account may be incorrect based on the config you actually bought.

Reactions: 1375mlm
Take a look at the documents section in your My Tesla account. Should have a copy of the MVPA that shows your config. If your MVPA is not there, and you no longer have a copy, you will have to ping Tesla to get a copy.

Your account may be incorrect based on the config you actually bought.

I guess that only Enhanced Autopilot was available when I bought it, my MVPA shows that I got EAP for $5k. ****, feeling ripped off now. I thought Elon would be offering FSD for $2k.

I shelled out $6000 for FSD when I ordered my M3. Wish I hadn’t subscribed to the hype. My mistake. I tried to “un buy” and Tesla laughed (all the way to the bank with my $6000). :(

Is that some kind of FOMO astroturf?! You just signed up to create the Nth topic about this ridiculous “emperor has no clothes” sale? Are you a Tesla marketing intern?

• Disagree
Reactions: glide and EVNow
I guess that only Enhanced Autopilot was available when I bought it, my MVPA shows that I got EAP for $5k. ****, feeling ripped off now. I thought Elon would be offering FSD for $2k.

Ah, you bought in the window when FSD was off menu because it was “too confusing”. You could still order FSD for $3k during that time, but you had to call and ask them to add it. $3k is the original price you would have paid back then, so I wouldn’t feel too ripped off since you can buy it today for the same price as when you ordered the car. (Would you have paid $8k for the whole package back then?)

Since there aren’t any actual features that go with FSD right now, I might wait until there is a trial and buy it then, as Tesla usually offers a $500 discount during trials. But they are also saying the price will go up next week, so who knows what is real. As others have mentioned, it was only $2k a month after you bought your car, so you could always wait and see if they do that again.

I got the same email and wondered how gullible they think we are. I already paid thousands more for my car than the current base price. On top of that, I paid $5k for EAP. Customers today get AP for free and FSD for a total of $6k. Now, after already paying essentially what new customers pay for FSD, I am supposed to bite on $3k more? Because the price is going to go up again? Right. I won't even factor in that AP 2.whatever we're on now is still inferior to AP 1.0. I really wish Elon hadn't pissed off MobilEye. EAP owners should get FSD for $1000 to equal what current new car customers pay. Why would anyone pay more than that for something that's never going to even actually work?

Is that some kind of FOMO astroturf?! You just signed up to create the Nth topic about this ridiculous “emperor has no clothes” sale? Are you a Tesla marketing intern?
Is this community usually this toxic? I signed up to ask a genuine question I had about the email that I received, and this kind of response is what I get?

Thanks to all the other people who give their opinion without being condescending. I'm probably not gonna drop 3 grand on this.