Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car from Lawrence today. All in all awesome. All panel gaps were near perfect, the hood was a bit lower on one side, but mobile service will fix that. A few dust Nubs, but that isn’t abnormal. Google it.
Car drives like a dream! So excited. It’s currently getting PPF and window tint. So I only drove it from about an hr. Getting it back on Friday.

Can anyone comment on windshield fluid? I tried to use mine, nothing came out. Can’t check if it has any till later this week as it’s getting PPF. But I didn’t see anything telling me it was empty. Didn’t want to try for too long as I didn’t want to damage the motor.

Picked up my car from Lawrence today. All in all awesome. All panel gaps were near perfect, the hood was a bit lower on one side, but mobile service will fix that. A few dust Nubs, but that isn’t abnormal. Google it.
Car drives like a dream! So excited. It’s currently getting PPF and window tint. So I only drove it from about an hr. Getting it back on Friday.

Wow, is that how long it usually takes? I am getting ceramic coating on the car and seats, in my mind it was a day job!

Order date: 02/23/2020
Model 3: SR+ White ext/black int, aeros, no fsd
Pickup location: Vancouver, BC - Powell

Got a text message today: Your Model 3 is now expected to be ready for delivery 2-3 weeks from today.

For those that have been through this process or those will similar order date/specs, how often will I receive updates now? We are going to be away for a few days in USA later in March... what happens if they say delivery is a day I'm not available. Are they flexible with changing pick up dates?

Order date: 02/23/2020
Model 3: SR+ White ext/black int, aeros, no fsd
Pickup location: Vancouver, BC - Powell

Got a text message today: Your Model 3 is now expected to be ready for delivery 2-3 weeks from today.

For those that have been through this process or those will similar order date/specs, how often will I receive updates now? We are going to be away for a few days in USA later in March... what happens if they say delivery is a day I'm not available. Are they flexible with changing pick up dates?
Don’t count on updates. Check your account every once in a while.

Can anyone comment on windshield fluid? I tried to use mine, nothing came out. Can’t check if it has any till later this week as it’s getting PPF. But I didn’t see anything telling me it was empty. Didn’t want to try for too long as I didn’t want to damage the motor.

the stock button has a two stages, initial push will give you a wiper swipe or two, a full push will activate wiper fluid. I thought the same as you and topped the fluid but discovered by trial the proper procedure

Reactions: ZachGil
Can you explain the reasoning? Do you think the crash will cause people to cancel their orders, because they've lost money? My initial thought is short term losses won't affect a market like Canada. Might be a different story in China where it's been physically more difficult to purchase a car but here....

People will get more frisky and the crisis worsens.
At the end of the month Tesla loves to get rid of their used inventory
Leading to a small but noticeable price drop ... at least im hoping

So They just called my back to confirm that they finally received the car and reconfirm the thursday delivery date :)

...so I finally received an email response at 9:00 this morning confirming delivery at 10:30. I rushed to get insurance and get there (It's about 45 min from my house). From there, it was a pretty smooth experience picking up the car. Sara (delivery person) was super helpful. I hope the worst part of the Tesla ownership experience is over and it's nothing but smooth sailing from here on! Good luck with your delivery.

...so I finally received an email response at 9:00 this morning confirming delivery at 10:30. I rushed to get insurance and get there (It's about 45 min from my house). From there, it was a pretty smooth experience picking up the car. Sara (delivery person) was super helpful. I hope the worst part of the Tesla ownership experience is over and it's nothing but smooth sailing from here on! Good luck with your delivery.
At least you got the car!!!

Config: Performance White/White
Order date: Dec 30
Update Text #1: Feb 13 (4-6 weeks)
Update Text #2: Feb 24 (Build in next two weeks)
VIN hidden: Feb 29
VIN account page: Feb 29
Email from Delivery Advisor: Feb 29
Estimated delivery: Week of March 16

Received an email from my Delivery Advisor today with my MVPA. Car is now in Calgary being detailed. Should be on a truck to Winnipeg soon!