Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called Tesla Inside Sales to just ask why there was a large variance between my 21k VIN vs others 29k VINs. I specifically asked him if the VINs were sequential and he said that they are.

But then stated that the VIN's are assigned as they roll off the assembly line.. so... not sure what to make of what I was told...:confused:

I just called Tesla Inside Sales to just ask why there was a large variance between my 21k VIN vs others 29k VINs. I specifically asked him if the VINs were sequential and he said that they are.

But then stated that the VIN's are assigned as they roll off the assembly line.. so... not sure what to make of what I was told...:confused:
They are not sequential. If you take a look at Troy's or Bloomber's vin assingment graphs they are random. There are even some assigned in the low thousands recently.

• Informative
Reactions: McFlurri

yah VIN numbers are batched together based on colour and type of wheel. There's no reason to be too concerned about it.

• Informative

I also have MSM, aero, VIN 215XX.

• Informative