Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually a little disappointed to hear this to be honest...

This means that Tesla will miss the delivery window of 4 to 8 weeks for those of us who configured in march...

So much for the "definitely will deliver within that window" montra that Tesla has been telling us for weeks...

Also.. seems like it is now guaranteed that once elected, the conservatives WILL be removing the EVIP.
I completely agree. May 31st will be 10 weeks for some people and any time in June would put them into 11weeks. That seems pretty unfortunate. I really hope they try for end of May at least.

Reactions: McFlurri
Just got the call from Tesla Canada ,early June delivery out of the international center in Mississauga.

Did you press them on that early June date? I did when I got the call in BC. I asked them what it was based on -- and when can I expect my VIN -- and what is the latest date if early June doesn't pan out? That's when I was told late June at the latest -- so much for early June! And I got that call back on April 18. The more I questioned, the more I doubted the early June date which is why I said this:

I wonder if it could be more like July or even August if we factor in "Tesla time"? Why even call us? When I ordered my S I just waited for the VIN to be assigned then you know it's only a couple of weeks or so from there. I guess they wanted to prepare us for a later delivery time since now we likely won't get our VINs assigned until early June so they wanted to fend off the phone calls and inquiries if we heard nothing until June? That's my guess anyway.

Congrats! So you don't have a VIN yet?

He didn't get a VIN -- no one in Canada has a VIN yet. So your congratulation may be premature. Again, I think the calls are really to let us know of the delay -- since 4 to 8 weeks is clearly out -- but they did it in a nice way, as if not to tell us the real reason for the call. Call me cynical if you want but I have been educated by Tesla over the years when it comes to their time estimates.

I completely agree. May 31st will be 10 weeks for some people and any time in June would put them into 11weeks. That seems pretty unfortunate. I really hope they try for end of May at least.

According to the chart of orders and deliveries, the average seems to be about 3 weeks from VIN to delivery. For us in Canada, that seems to be pushing it. So every day that goes by without VINs assigned makes the "end of May" more and more unlikely, at least in my view. Early June also seems too soon unless VINs start getting assigned soon -- and I expect mine before you guys out east who are only getting the calls now! ;)

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
They can change the EVIP program any time. However its likely they would have some level of grandfathering - I feel it would be difficult for them to remove it from anyone who has a confirmed order dated when the EVIP was available. That would cover all of us that have configured. Not saying they couldn't remove it, but it would at least be worth a fight if they tried to.

I agree. There will still be some money from the Carbon Tax to cover it. It's also my understanding that not many changes get done in the months of June and July in Ontario. So changes may not happen until end of summer and/or beginning of Fall

Really even June , that blows by the 4-8 weeks by at least a week, I wouldn't be so inpatient if I didn't sell my damn Model S so soon and renting, there goes another 500 bucks at least )-:
I had to reply because this is my exact scenario, after my low ball offer on my/13P85 I sold private within a few days that was almost 4 weeks ago. I figure no hoped it would be 4 weeks so I rented a crappy car and now I'll definately have to go another month. Oh well it's only cash, look how much were spending on the 3. Congrats on your 3 when you get it

I had to reply because this is my exact scenario, after my low ball offer on my/13P85 I sold private within a few days that was almost 4 weeks ago. I figure no hoped it would be 4 weeks so I rented a crappy car and now I'll definitely have to go another month. Oh well it's only cash, look how much were spending on the 3. Congrats on your 3 when you get it
I guess, but 1000 bucks is still 1000 bucks, I went in thinking 4-8 weeks seriously and budgeting for that, even calling they assured me "it's looking good and 4-8 weeks" so now if I'm paying 500-1000 over because 4-8 week was not even close to doable? thats not cool in my opinion. Also I forgot how shitty it is driving a non-tesla (I know i sound spoiled but whadda gonna do). LOL

Last edited:
I had to reply because this is my exact scenario, after my low ball offer on my/13P85 I sold private within a few days that was almost 4 weeks ago. I figure no hoped it would be 4 weeks so I rented a crappy car and now I'll definately have to go another month. Oh well it's only cash, look how much were spending on the 3. Congrats on your 3 when you get it

Can you PM me on what you got for your 2013 P85? I have mine for sale on Auto Trader and am getting a ton of lowball offers its depressing! Nice to know what to expect? Why didn't you do a convenience trade with Tesla to save the taxes?

Attached the pic.

happy happy happy

Attachments

• tesla_vin.jpg
    tesla_vin.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 119