Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a M3 RWD test drive yesterday at Lawrence. The feel of the car is great and I got to punch it going on to the highway. Always exhilarating to accelerate a Tesla. The pickup was of course instantaneous and quite powerful. Used EAP with lane change as well as auto park later on. I love how the lines are so clean and minimalist. Playing with the dashboard vent was fun (I know that's stupid :p). Drive was about 25 mins.
So the Tesla rep stated he was told a significant order is coming to the IC for the end of September. It is supposed to have RWD, AWD and P-AWD. They still move a couple of RWDs from Lawrence on a daily basis but this end of September push will be the first to contain AWD and P-AWD. So he says. He also stated Tesla does change their mind on occasion so it is not confirmed.:rolleyes:
The only comment he made that doesn't align with what I have heard from others is adding the Full SD before you take delivery. He stated I wouldn't have a period of time after taking delivery to decide if I wanted to add it at the $4K. He said it would be the $6,600. That's the only thing I don't agree about but I wasn't going to get into it with him. It is another conversation when I get a DA assigned. I am still torn whether to add it since it would future proof me at a lower cost as well as guarantee any hardware upgrade would be included (which Musk already stated would probably be necessary later). Of course, prepaying for FSD when it could be years away (especially for reg approval) is difficult to justify. Anyhow, whether I get my AWD in this wave or not, I am hopeful many of you do!!:)