Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered a SR+ on Feb. 17, 2020. White RWD with Black interior.
Man, I hope we don’t have to wait until June for it. The guy from Tesla said it would 6-8 weeks but after reading this thread I’m becoming skeptical, lol.

Hi - We ordered late on Feb 23 same car. Got one text next day (Feb 24) saying 4-6 weeks. Of note - I was back at the 4th Ave office yesterday (to pick up a wall connector) and they said - goal was by end of March for BC customers due to $3,000 incentive program. We will see.

did you get the insurance in advance? Was hoping I can get it done at Tesla store on pick up date. Vancouver

good news for BC. There is 20M added to the provincial budget so if car comes after March 31st you still get the 8k discount

I want to get insurance on the day. I do not have insurance for it yet. They just marked it as done because they have people there to do the insurance. They never asked me though.

I also just got an email from my delivery advisor. I pick my car up Wednesday morning!!!! I have no idea why mine is so quick, I assume the red is rare and someone else dropped out?

So ****ing excited!

I want to get insurance on the day. I do not have insurance for it yet. They just marked it as done because they have people there to do the insurance. They never asked me though.

I also just got an email from my delivery advisor. I pick my car up Wednesday morning!!!! I have no idea why mine is so quick, I assume the red is rare and someone else dropped out?

So ****ing excited!

You ordered later and you managed to get a delivery. Congrats, but man if that isn't irritating for some of us. Still no VIN or anything.

You ordered later and you managed to get a delivery. Congrats, but man if that isn't irritating for some of us. Still no VIN or anything.

I get that. Like I said, the only explanation I have is that someone else ordered the same config and dropped out it changed their config. Since the red is pretty rare I just lucked out.

Yep, just picked up a Nema 14-50 adapter from the SC on W4th and the SA there said that they just delivered quite a few cars today.

Also, looks like there are a couple of red SR+'s as well a blue, waiting for pickup. Looks like they were for people who now have dropped out.

If you want one quick, call your SA and change your config to be matched to something they already have.

I sorta thought that ordering just the base options for everything would be a little faster than ones with any sort of change. Maybe it's the opposite? Make the alternate ones first and then make the easiest ones last. I dunno, but yeah. You're probably right.

This coming Tuesday will mark 5 weeks since having made the order, which falls in line to their estimate of 5-7 weeks.

I sorta thought that ordering just the base options for everything would be a little faster than ones with any sort of change. Maybe it's the opposite? Make the alternate ones first and then make the easiest ones last. I dunno, but yeah. You're probably right.

This coming Tuesday will mark 5 weeks since having made the order, which falls in line to their estimate of 5-7 weeks.

Your signature says you ordered Feb 4- which is 3.5 weeks ago? You've got some time still.