TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 chargeport door problem

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by buckyb, Aug 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. buckyb

buckyb New Member

Last night, my charge port door stopped opening and closing normally. By any means, when I ask to open or close I hear a clicking sound. I can manually try to force it but then it thinks its open when closed and vice versa. Anyone else seeing this problem? Any way to resolve w/o going into service? Has worked fine for 3 months.

2. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Did your little magnet fall off. On the under side of the flap. Bottom right corner.

3. buckyb

buckyb New Member

Thanks for the response. I don't know about the magnet (nor knew there was one). I'll have to check in the morning. How would that affect it not closing and clicking?

4. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

This was what I was thinking about when I responded.

Even if I was wrong, I was trying to help bump your post. ;)

Chip inside Charge Port Door

• Informative x 1
  5. buckyb

buckyb New Member

Thanks. Well, it ends up that that piece did fall out and luckily I found it in my driveway. I glued it back it and, wallah, its now working. You were right. Thanks again. I think Tesla needs some better glue.

• Like x 2
  6. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Glad to have helped.