Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 coming soon to the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think that's being said at all.

In the follow-up tweet to the one I linked above, Elon said:

Those improvements are independent of Supercharger V3 power increase from 135kW to 250+kW. All factors considered, charge time will drop by factor of 4 best case & more than 2 for whole Tesla fleet. Effectively, this more than doubles total WW Supercharger system throughput.

Those improvements are independent of Supercharger V3 power increase from 135kW to 250+kW.

Yes, the V3 improvement to no sharing is independent of the V3 improvement to higher power.

It does not mean that the V2 superchargers magically increase to double the output power per cabinet to eliminate sharing. That is simply not possible without replacing them with V3 cabinets.

You could just possibly read the final boast:

Effectively, this more than doubles total WW Supercharger system throughput.

to be a promise to upgrade all existing sites to V3, though I think that's a stretch.

David Ross on Twitter
Screenshot_20190316-212535~2.png

EU models being debugged by EU-ropeans, personally I'm done with being Tesla early-adopter ...

Plus all Supercharger sites will be CCS-capable before any models arrive (although Tesla haven't been slow with that in EU, but even so, early adopters were a bit disadvantaged in that sense.

Who knows, Tesla might even use the lag to open enough servicing capability to handle the workload before GB M3 actually arrives

Understand the enthusiasm and impatience of folk waiting for M3, but not being first will be an advantage.

E3DC8C54-3CAB-4A7C-894D-0EECCAE2FC06.jpeg
Heads up for all you UK members living near Bluewater, Dartford, Kent. There is currently this Model 3 on display in the showroom! When I was there there was nobody else around. So I could have as long as I wanted to familiarise myself with the GUI.....and play with emission testing!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I've been driving my Model 3 around UK for almost a month now and it's been fun seeing "new" Superchargers show up on screen almost every day. Already visited a few of them :)

Also have used a few other CCS 50 kW chargers (Shell & Electricity from top of my head) and had no problems whatsoever (other than figuring out how to use them without having previously created an account with them).

• Informative
Reactions: sweter