Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 cover available in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla one is £££, but I saw a review on YouTube of the BougeRV one and it looked a bit cheap to me. An Amazon review said that it wasn’t soft on the inside either, and was “as thin as paper”.

Looking forward to any reviews you guys provide :)

Saw this on Amazon the other day:

BougeRV For Tesla Model 3 Car Cover, All Weather Outdoor Waterproof Windproof Dustproof UV Protection Cover with Air Flow Ventilated Mesh & Opening Charing Port Design https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZVDTR5L/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_-5WKEbK3RSRJV

Has ventilation at the front and a hole for the charge port.

I've not bought it but BougeRV are a reputable brand.
*cheers
Just bought this having cleaned the car yesterday - pollen/seeds/shite and it only mid April.
Too many protected trees here so cannot just buy a chainsaw.

FYI from Dartford:

Good afternoon,

The Model 3 car cover we can order for you from our Parts Distribution Center. The cost as below:

Indoor car cover for Model 3 - 304.00 inc VAT
Outdoor car cover for Model 3 - 354.00 inc VAT

Unfortunately the carbon center caps for 20" wheels can be purchase only through the online shop as accessories - Model 3 Carbon Fiber Wheel Cap Kit .

I hope this help you.

Thank you and regards
Jarek

Kind Regards,
Jaroslaw Powaga | Parts Advisor, London Dartford

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
FYI from Dartford:

Good afternoon,

The Model 3 car cover we can order for you from our Parts Distribution Center. The cost as below:

Indoor car cover for Model 3 - 304.00 inc VAT
Outdoor car cover for Model 3 - 354.00 inc VAT

Unfortunately the carbon center caps for 20" wheels can be purchase only through the online shop as accessories - Model 3 Carbon Fiber Wheel Cap Kit .

I hope this help you.

Thank you and regards
Jarek

Kind Regards,
Jaroslaw Powaga | Parts Advisor, London Dartford
Carcovers.co.uk have a range at half this price or less, I have no connection with just found them on the Interweb as a certain Mr Clarkson would say.

Only thing that worries me looking at videos for that BougeRV cover is that it looks like the strap at the rear ties around the rear bumper. What happens if that’s moving around? Won’t it rub the paint?

Quite a lot of the rear bumper is matte plastic towards the bottom, I’m hoping it will be in contact with that, but I’ll report back as soon as it’s on the car.

Reactions: Durzel
Have you had a chance to look at the cover?

Not so fussed if it doesn't last several seasons, but don't want to use something that may cause damage.
I've not got it on the car yet, but it doesn't seem thin, and it does have a soft lining.

The car is COVERED in pollen at the moment, so I'm going to give it a full wash, polish, and wax on Saturday before I put the cover on for the first time. Then the car will probably be sat for weeks at a time with the cover on.

Reactions: MrBadger and Durzel
I've not got it on the car yet, but it doesn't seem thin, and it does have a soft lining.

The car is COVERED in pollen at the moment, so I'm going to give it a full wash, polish, and wax on Saturday before I put the cover on for the first time. Then the car will probably be sat for weeks at a time with the cover on.

Thanks. Ours arrived yesterday but it will be in 'quarantine' for several more days and didn't want to unnecessarily go unpacking.

I keep looking for an opportunity to wash ours but its too sunny or hot - might get a chance Friday morning or Sunday. I hoovered off a lot of the pollen and detritus from the windscreen prior to a supermarket dash. There is so much crap on the car and in the crevices. Its not going to be a straight forward wash. I'm expecting to do two pre washes even with ceramic coat.

Thanks. Ours arrived yesterday but it will be in 'quarantine' for several more days and didn't want to unnecessarily go unpacking.

I keep looking for an opportunity to wash ours but its too sunny or hot - might get a chance Friday morning or Sunday. I hoovered off a lot of the pollen and detritus from the windscreen prior to a supermarket dash. There is so much crap on the car and in the crevices. Its not going to be a straight forward wash. I'm expecting to do two pre washes even with ceramic coat.
I might try and find time today but there's not quite enough time between baking sun and too dark.

Pollen/seeds/guff cleaned off and covered
Fitted OK - slightly tight at the back due to spoiler (I guess) - may shuggle it back.
IMG_4185.jpg
IMG_4184.jpg
IMG_4183.jpg