Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 crazy vampire drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes me kind of happy that I got my car the day before this update was put out, so I NEVER got to experience the kinds of issues you guys describe. I was shocked by the phantom loss that TezLab identifies, but will watch it. Perhaps it's a high percentage of the low miles I put on it the first few days... Just signed up for TeslaFi as everyone here seems to have, so now I have two apps banging on my car, eating the battery.

-Randy

Makes me kind of happy that I got my car the day before this update was put out, so I NEVER got to experience the kinds of issues you guys describe. I was shocked by the phantom loss that TezLab identifies, but will watch it. Perhaps it's a high percentage of the low miles I put on it the first few days... Just signed up for TeslaFi as everyone here seems to have, so now I have two apps banging on my car, eating the battery.

-Randy
Is the consumption of either these apps documented or well understood? I was considering TeslaFi but not if it increases vampire drain in a significant way

So here's my car's over night report. Temp outside currently 54F (means it was a little lower over night). +12 hours has elapsed, 1 mile of range was consumed (vs 5-6 normally). Car didn't 'clunk' the contactors until I opened the door (as before, yeah!) and the screen was dark so it had to reboot. I have seen that before on overnights but not so much on the previous release but the prior. It takes a few seconds, that's fine by me

So another night has passed, Im glad to report after 11 hours, it only lost 1 mile.

And I can reconfirm the display is off when I opened the door in the morning, a indicator it’s sleeping during the night.

343810BC-CA27-49EB-A143-6E4579965857.png 3D77E201-C474-4775-B5A6-A79753039B09.png

The service centers are busy enough. Wait your turn.

As I said, I needed to stop by there ANYWAYS, Scheduled 2 weeks ago, before 10.5 was even out.... I'm already going for an unrelated matter, so while I'm already there I'm gonna have them update me.

PS: Saying "Wait your turn" assumes I'm trying to cut in line and delay the process... and you know what happens when you assume. To be fair, I can see why you made that assumption, I should have written it as "I'm gonna stop by the Service Center this Saturday anyway, I'll ask them to upgrade my firmware"

Last edited:
Reactions: Pkmmte and SigNC
So how about we compare rate over 10 hours? Maybe we need a spreadsheet to see who is normal and who isn't

My TeslaFi trial for my new Model 3 Vin 8891 built 3/18 shows:
iconSleeping.png
11 Hours 26 Minutes -131.22 Miles -28.45 kWh

That seems VERY high, no?

-Randy

Last edited: