Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Dashcam Moments - Video or it didn't happen!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happened earlier today. Potentially suffering from Black Friday Syndrome. Don't know how to link a time stamp, you can skip to 18 seconds for the $shot.

VW driver is a moron pulling that kind of stunt. Though as honest critique, I think the best position for you would have been to be in front of that bobtail at the time the Routan was moving over.

Gap was big enough for the VW to cut you off and psychologically, cars hate being behind large trucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoang51
@Gavyne Hope you blasted that Range Rover with your horn.

That's the main reason why I never hang out in other vehicle's blind spots for any length of time, especially if they're oscillating across their lane. If I find that I'm pacing someone like that, I'll usually blast pass them when they're furthest away from me and then let them be in my blind spot.

Me too, I don't like to be in a vehicle's blindspot. Was waiting for Porsche to move forward further so I could speed past the Range Rover. Unfortunately the exact moment I dialed my TACC up to move forward was when Range Rover decided to merge into my lane bleh.

Just thought it would be fun to create a thread where others can share their Model 3 Dashcam moments.

TeslaCam, 3rd party, whatever you got - share it!

I think the Model 3 is so fast and so quiet that there is risk of someone not seeing you before making lane changes.

Any thoughts on if EAP would have dodged that? I would have grabbed the wheel in this situation as I saw it coming and not even THINK about chancing it.

This is reason #34959 why I will NEVER enable chill mode. I want maximum acceleration potential at ALL times.

The "safest" car is the one that doesn't get hit!!!
I have noticed that EAP is un-predictable under different situations. Thats's why you need to be alert when using it.

Some videos I collected over a month. No close calls, but it involves driving in my Tesla.

Guy was in a hurry or trying to race me. Too bad no audio so you can hear that engine burning fuel.

Look how many cars continue turning after my light turns green:

Look at this driving taking a turn in the non-turn lane:

Last edited:
well it is in the Model 3 forum, so reasonable to expect Model 3 related threads.
But this is TMC, so who follows hints like that :rolleyes:

Also, this type of thread would get the most traction and interest in the Model 3 forum because:

1 - Model 3 will outnumber the S/X by many multiples.
2 - Every Model 3 has TeslaCam capability. Not every S and X does.

It wasn't a random decision to pick the Model 3 subforum.

Something fell off this work truck/van’s bumper and hit my fender (you have to go frame by frame at 40sec to see it fall off, between 44-45 it bounces to center screen). Just got the car back from the body shop today. $1,400.

Attachments

• 21367B18-AF29-4FF6-A348-A2F0398F0F14.jpeg
    21367B18-AF29-4FF6-A348-A2F0398F0F14.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Just thought it would be fun to create a thread where others can share their Model 3 Dashcam moments.

TeslaCam, 3rd party, whatever you got - share it!

I think the Model 3 is so fast and so quiet that there is risk of someone not seeing you before making lane changes.

Any thoughts on if EAP would have dodged that? I would have grabbed the wheel in this situation as I saw it coming and not even THINK about chancing it.

This is reason #34959 why I will NEVER enable chill mode. I want maximum acceleration potential at ALL times.

The "safest" car is the one that doesn't get hit!!!

I'm not sure why you say that a quiet car runs more of a risk for getting hit.

Who drives a car based on hearing other cars these days. Even ICE cars are amazingly quiet compared to their tire noise. Of course they are not silent like Teslas that have been out since 2008.. As we all know....the Model 3 isn't the first quiet car Tesla has made.

Hmmmm I wonder why Tesla didn't have a big 10 year anniversary party this year.

Something fell off this work truck/van’s bumper and hit my fender (you have to go frame by frame at 40sec to see it fall off, between 44-45 it bounces to center screen). Just got the car back from the body shop today. $1,400.

That was pretty crazy. It looks like it bounces up and down a few times before flying up at you.
Like maybe a nut or bolt... Not very big whatever it was.
Good thing it didn't go through your windshield.

object2.png

object1.png