Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery situation in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any one else have their TESLA App EDD date go blank it used to say 5-7 months from order date, now its blank i have tried to log out log back in and nothing.
Probably they don't expect to forever train you life skills like resilience, persistence, optimism, and anger management... 7 month training is long enough, now you can do it on your own without carrot (EDD) hanging in front of you 👍

Good things comes to the ones who wait forever... ask Morgan Freeman, how long before he was finally recognized 😉🙃

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli
Oh wow Iam waiting tirelessly for my order of model 3 since Feb , it’s getting frustrating. If there are any further delays then my new car will be a year old in just one month.

Also what ship is this one?
What matters is, did you receive any communication from Tesla about car? Without that it's always doubtful that your extraordinary configuration model is arrived and getting delivered 🤔

What matters is, did you receive any communication from Tesla about car? Without that it's always doubtful that your extraordinary configuration model is arrived and getting delivered 🤔
Not a single drop, my app used to say 5-7 months and now nothing, it’s just so frustrating, what I want to ask is if Tesla is not able to deliver within the 5-7 months EDD then what? Can they not even make a red car?

Reactions: Audietron
Not a single drop, my app used to say 5-7 months and now nothing, it’s just so frustrating, what I want to ask is if Tesla is not able to deliver within the 5-7 months EDD then what? Can they not even make a red car?
Probably in human rights court by now, as it was classed as slavery to task few workers to double coat your car using red sharpies...
It's two folds:
  1. Sad questionable attitude towards communicating with customers...
  2. Utter disregard of existing orders from months before, when they launched Model Y and delivered 1000+ fresh orders for it.
But again, you would know more of their attitude once you receive your 🚗 🚘....

All the best... May your car is delivered before My Model S and Cyber truck 😬

So I contacted Tesla auckland, about my vehicle, they notified with the usual "We only know as much as you do, we cant see anything more than what your app will show you".

So I decided to go "Karen" on them and notified them that this is possibly my 4 call between the 5-7 months and that they seem to have full-filled numerous Model Y orders within just weeks of ordering, full-filled numerous March orders, what is going on here they were sympathetic to my questions but noted to me that Tesla NZ has not NZ Manager and that person is Based in Australia and there is no way to escalate the matter.

I further noted to them, that since i ordered in feb 2022 i will be in receipt of a 2022 model however if end up waiting till December then my car will already be a year old without even using it it will depreciate significantly in 1 month (knowing how much they change their vehicles in due course time).

I do understand i got in before the price rise, but does that mean that i have to be disadvantaged, in my order i am paying for the purchase, on road costs even shipping of the vehicle then why am i not able to receive it in my EDD time frame?

I wonder does Tesla not want to fulfil my order because the time i ordered my specified vehicle i got it at a significantly cheaper price than what it would cost now, are they waiting for me to give up and purchase a second hand one at a more expensive price?

Again there was no response from the CSR at tesla I do not personally blame that person for not knowing anything about what is happening? i blame the company from keeping people in the dark, changing dates as they feel, not delivering their vehicles on promised EDD times, for goodness sakes there is a 2 month gap in the EDD and they cannot even meet that?

Sorry if i come across a bit crossed, but the whole experience has been nothing but frustrating? their if you want our car then tough stick it out attitude will bite them badly one day.

Reactions: Audietron
my car will already be a year old without even using it it will depreciate significantly in 1 month (knowing how much they change their vehicles in due course time).

What lunacy is that? You'll get the exact model they are makign at the time not last years.

You'll be paying Feb pricing and getting a new car. They are not going to make an old car for you and they dont have them sat round just to piss off people.