Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Diecast Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't want to get anyones balls busted but I probably could have asked for a case I think, lol. If I had known what they go for on eBay, I would have, haha. They mistakenly said first day res holders had picked up long ago and they were about all gone so no one cares anymore...

Not trying to get anyone in trouble...picking up my Model 3 this Saturday and when I asked about the diecast, the delivery adviser said they ran out but will call around different delivery centers to see if they could ship it over. If I could tell her which delivery center, then she could make a call and hopefully they still have some available. Your help would be very appreciated! :)

I was so excited and nervous about picking up my LR that I didn't think to ask about the model. Drat! I really would've like to have that. This is probably last car I'm going to own. I plan to drive it into the dirt. I'm getting old now.

Got my M3 Performance today, although it wasn't mentioned or presented during the very thorough delivery process, I found it later underneath the tray in the center console. Definitely a bonus, my three year old will love it. I was not a reservation holder, literally just bought the car on my iPhone 2.5 weeks ago.

Got my M3 Performance today, although it wasn't mentioned or presented during the very thorough delivery process, I found it later underneath the tray in the center console. Definitely a bonus, my three year old will love it. I was not a reservation holder, literally just bought the car on my iPhone 2.5 weeks ago.
Did you get a drawing of the Model 3?

tesla-model-3-sketch.jpg

Reactions: TurboCJ
How the hell did Austin have any left? Surely they've been selling a ton. They didn't have any in Dallas when I took delivery months ago.

Same here. Found it under the tray in the center console a day or two after my 11/3 delivery. Unexpected! And pretty cool that at delivery they left it unmentioned to be found at a later time. Funny how something like that will bring a smile to your face. It’s still sitting there in its original shrink wrapped form and will probably live there.

I'm amazed that they're still handing these out. I had to know the secret handshake and beg.... even though I'm a line-stander....

And what's this "very thorough delivery process" stuff? They're still doing "thorough?" Wow. Whole different experience on my end.

"Here are key cards, there is your car. Do you have any questions?"

I'm amazed that they're still handing these out. I had to know the secret handshake and beg.... even though I'm a line-stander....

And what's this "very thorough delivery process" stuff? They're still doing "thorough?" Wow. Whole different experience on my end.

"Here are key cards, there is your car. Do you have any questions?"

Well it started with, “Do you have the phone app? Let’s check it works.” It did, he then had me test all the “Controls” features, and then I called my wife over and we worked that out on her phone as well. He did ask if we had any questions, which I did and asked about driver profiles. He was extremely kind and walked us through it. After that, I asked something else and he just said, “Let’s just walk through all the menu options.”

In all it was probably 15-20 minutes, but at no point was he anything but entirely willing and excited to share his Tesla knowledge. I sort of ended it and said, “I’ll figure it out over time.” While he waited for his Uber, I had him help me configure my 3 Homelikk garages.

So it was thorough, but he didn’t go over every nook and cranny either. My wife mentioned to me whether I was installing the car seat, and I was surprised he offered to do it. Surprised for liability reasons. I didn’t take him up on it since I’m pro-level at that and would never want a stranger to do it, and I don’t plan to move the car seat until I unload my ATS-V next month.