Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 features?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any thoughts on if the Model 3 will offer a package that includes the automatically closing door handles? I noticed that one of the prototypes at the unveiling had them. This is a "Tesla" only feature that should be offered on all their cars (due to cost as a package on the 3). Also, call me crazy but I love the little Tesla key fob for the S, wonder if they'll have it for the 3?

One feature I would be excited about is pockets in the doors (at least fronts), with enough space for an ice scraper and bottle. Umbrella space is an aspiration. :) Another is hanger hooks (preferably on all four doors, but at least in the back seats). Backseat pockets is definitely a bonus as well. Backseat cup-holders and 12v/USB(s) would rock as well. Sometimes it is the simple things.

One of the bigger items would be roof rack compatibility regardless of roof type choice, though I'd spring for towing with a bike rack most likely due to aero reduction from a roof rack. Also, I'd love it if the base wheels were 17 inches. More range and tire lifespan are far more important to me than the supposed handling benefits/looks on a base model. Furthermore, compatibility for smaller wheels means better snow handling in the winter.

Chevy's rear-view mirror/camera thing in the Bolt is actually pretty cool, but who knows maybe it is patented. Love the idea of unobstructed and wider viewing angle. They might as well demolish Chevy completely and take away their only good advantage. As far as I see if Model 3 gets towing capabilities, the Bolt's supposed benefit of additional cargo capacity/hatchback style would be reduced to almost nothing.

One feature I would be excited about is pockets in the doors (at least fronts), with enough space for an ice scraper and bottle. Umbrella space is an aspiration. :) Another is hanger hooks (preferably on all four doors, but at least in the back seats). Backseat pockets is definitely a bonus as well. Backseat cup-holders and 12v/USB(s) would rock as well. Sometimes it is the simple things.

One of the bigger items would be roof rack compatibility regardless of roof type choice, though I'd spring for towing with a bike rack most likely due to aero reduction from a roof rack. Also, I'd love it if the base wheels were 17 inches. More range and tire lifespan are far more important to me than the supposed handling benefits/looks on a base model. Furthermore, compatibility for smaller wheels means better snow handling in the winter.

Chevy's rear-view mirror/camera thing in the Bolt is actually pretty cool, but who knows maybe it is patented. Love the idea of unobstructed and wider viewing angle. They might as well demolish Chevy completely and take away their only good advantage. As far as I see if Model 3 gets towing capabilities, the Bolt's supposed benefit of additional cargo capacity/hatchback style would be reduced to almost nothing.
Oh yea! Umbrella space would be inspired. hanger hooks upscale. backseat cupholders good option for my crew. would it be ignorant if I asked "can I have an optional portable wireless charger "to hook up to the master "superchargers nationwide??" , since I don't want to pay for lifetime access. guessing this would mean upgrading the superchargers..dumb idea sorry

Having sat and moved around the Bolt during Customer Surveys, I can tell you it's a very nice car, and my friend loves his s Volt. But the Model 3 is better, hopefully much better. I came from a Leaf that I loved but had to turn in from a three year lease.

I think OTA software updates are genius as long as the basic processor and memory remains usable for years.

I'd want
more more color choices
curb weight < 3600lbs w/ base battery
"ludicrous" < 3s 0-60, < 12s 1/4mi
better battery thermal mgmt tech so that power could be provided longer than a few minutes
top-down cameras
HUD
pay per use SC access
autonomous SAE level 4 capability
sports suspension
fully adjustable sport seats
decent stereo system w/ 10-12" subs
replacement of kludgy center display
Android Auto integration

Reactions: Lunarx
i hope Tesla implements electrochromic roofs for those who choose all-glass roof, otherwise known as smart glass. But honestly, i doubt they will (if at all). Most probably not on the first version of Model 3 at least (since Elon stated they had learned their lesson and will keep things simple for Model 3's first version. And add more cowbells on future versions).

Reactions: Lunarx
...My hope was that others would share any of their thoughts and interests in features. If you have some - please share.

There's not enough mindless rambling in this section as it is?

Cat-Falls-Asleep.gif