Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 FSD Upgrade Price is $4,000CAD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tweeted Elon asking him if Canadians will get it for $2700. At $2700, I see the value considering he confirmed it WILL include HW3.

At $2,700Can with hardware upgrade included, it's not value, it's robbing the bank! I don't see that ever happening (but hope it does and I get a partial refund and new hardware!), and while I really like Elon, his credibility on hardware upgrades being included leaves a lot to be desired given past promises on that issue. (Read your paperwork if you buy -- not Elon's tweets.) And let's not even review his promises on AP, EAP and now FSD. He can't be considered a credible witness but it's rare to have credible geniuses. They push the bounds of boring, constrained, credibility and become incredible.

At $2,700Can with hardware upgrade included, it's not value, it's robbing the bank! I don't see that ever happening
Why would it not happen? He just tweeted that the website had it wrong it didn’t drop to $3k usd but to $2k. Conversion rate makes that $2700.
Agree with all of the above. Regulatory rules are just different here, so who knows how effective it will be and even Musk himself stated that the features may be ready long before regulatory approval allows their implementation.

Would also like some form of written (on line) confirmation or acknowledgement / clarity that the CDN$4,000 price includes the new chip (3.0). (In which case, I would assume even the existing features like NoA would work even better.)
Elon said his tweets act as behalf of the company making them official you don’t need anything in writing, and Elon never backed out of a promise like that

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Just tweeted Elon asking him if Canadians will get it for $2700.

At $2700, I see the value considering he confirmed it WILL include HW3.

Elon also confirmed FSD purchaser will include a HW3 free upgrade. Okay, I will pay 2700CAD once it comes online. It is about costs of a computer, and HW3 alone shall worth that much not counting software costs.

Actually, I'm re-reading all the released blogs and tweets. All prices are in USD.

For people that don't have AP now, it only cost $2k and $5k to upgrade to AP and FSD, respectively.

For people that has EAP now, it costs $2k to upgrade to FSD. The problem is I've paid $5k before for EAP which means I'm paying $7k in total for FSD.

For people that has FSD now, they get early access program but they've paid a whopping $8k, $9k or even $10k before depending when they've purchased their vehicle.

This is a massive confusion....

Actually, I'm re-reading all the released blogs and tweets. All prices are in USD.

For people that don't have AP now, it only cost $2k and $5k to upgrade to AP and FSD, respectively.

For people that has EAP now, it costs $2k to upgrade to FSD. The problem is I've paid $5k before for EAP which means I'm paying $7k in total for FSD.

For people that has FSD now, they get early access program but they've paid a whopping $8k, $9k or even $10k before depending when they've purchased their vehicle.

This is a massive confusion....

The confusion seems to be working its way out. Rather than trying to understand all scenarios, just work on understanding yours. :)

For example, I got EAP on delivery 7 months ago for US$5K but passed on FSD. That price remained constant except for people buying post-delivery who paid between US$5.5K and US$7K.

It now appears that I can get the FSD upgrade for US$2K (but don't order until next week), which is down from $3K from yesterday, and down from $4K earlier for post-delivery purchase. Because this includes the HW3 upgrade, US$2K is really a no-brainer decision for those of us who have and use EAP. Looks like I'm going to spend $2K of my US Federal tax credit with Tesla.

USD chart from @TroyTeslike The orange box makes it fair for those who just bought but not delivered. The free FSD basically cancels out the price drop they missed.

1968CFBB-DFD5-4038-BCFD-DDDEF155E12B.jpeg

Well that's good news except for the "should" get a refund in Elon's tweet. I guess the lawyers got to him given all his past broken promises and lawsuit losses and settlements. I've learned when I buy not to look back, especially with Tesla. If I get a refund great but somehow I doubt it.

I'll never believe the hardware upgrade until I see it happen but I've been wrong lots before - right in this thread too (assuming we see a price drop). How the service centers will handle the onslaught is beyond me.

I hope Elon is off the Ambien.

'Ambien tweeting' is becoming a popular excuse — because it actually can cause bizarre side effects

Last edited:
Note those are in USD prices and the dark blue box should now read $2,000 instead of $3,000 to go from EAP to FSD

I wrote USD chart. Hers the USD $ explanation from Tesla. $3000 USD from EAP to FSD

Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability
The Tesla Team March 1, 2019
All customers who bought a Tesla before yesterday’s price decrease will be able to buy the Autopilot or Full Self-Driving capability for half of what those features would normally cost after initial purchase.

Autopilot, which enables automatic steering, accelerating and braking, normally costs $4,000 after delivery and Full Self-Driving normally costs $7,000 after delivery. Full Self-Driving capability includes Navigate on Autopilot, Advanced Summon, Auto Lane Change, Autopark and, later this year, will recognize and respond to traffic lights.

Any customer who bought a Tesla prior to this week’s price adjustment will be able to upgrade to Autopilot for $2,000 or Full Self-Driving capability for an additional $3,000. In other words, for a customer who previously hadn’t purchased Autopilot plus Full Self-Driving, they will soon be able to do so for $6,000 less than before. Customers who previously purchased Full Self-Driving will receive an invitation to Tesla’s Early Access Program (EAP). EAP members are invited to experience and provide feedback on new features and functionality before they are rolled out to other customers.

Beginning next month, any existing customer who wants to upgrade to Autopilot or Full Self-Driving capability will be able to do so with a one-click payment. There will be no need to call anyone, and it will be as easy as it was to order your car in the first place.

Tbh, having Advanced Summon and Navigate on Autopilot for cities would be amazing considering city driving is more stressful than highway imo.
I remember before this whole price adjustment ordeal it will cost you what was it like $6k $7k CAD after deliviery cost for FSD? Getting it for $2.7k is a steal. And the promised FSD features are being released within this year and who knows how many new software features will be limited to hardware 3.0.

I’d rather pay $2,700 CAD and be future proofed for years than be stuck with Hardware 2.5 and get half assed updates or limited functionality like the Model S/X people are with older computers. Elon was talking about how current hardware processes 200 frames per second, but hardware 3.0 would do 2000 frames per second and he said it’s the worlds most advanced autonomous computer. That’s 10x faster. https://electrek.co/2018/08/01/tesl...twS0lLb2k4RFhlVW9tQzJoTm9kdXR5VG1PTENwc090Sy0.