Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 FSD Upgrade Price is $4,000CAD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d rather pay $2,700 CAD and be future proofed for years than be stuck with Hardware 2.5 and get half assed updates or limited functionality like the Model S/X people are with older computers. Elon was talking about how current hardware processes 200 frames per second, but hardware 3.0 would do 2000 frames per second and he said it’s the worlds most advanced autonomous computer. That’s 10x faster. Tesla claims to have ‘world’s most advanced computer for autonomous driving’ with Autopilot 3.0 update coming next year.
Agree. If $2700 CAD includes hardware 3.0 upgrade. I will do it.

Reactions: Vawlkus
If any Canadian who bought EAP but not FSD, and now buys FSD but pays less than the $4k for FSD that I paid yesterday, please let me know. It would be much appreciated. I called Vancouver Tesla and they know about as much as we do. Thanks.

If any Canadian who bought EAP but not FSD, and now buys FSD but pays less than the $4k for FSD that I paid yesterday, please let me know. It would be much appreciated. I called Vancouver Tesla and they know about as much as we do. Thanks.

There is really some confusion over this. The way I read it if CDN and bought EAP and had it delivered before yesterday (like us) the $4000 CDN ($3000 USD) IS the price reduction for FSD upgrade. This will also give us the Hardware upgrade. I think your good. I know over at M3OC Trevor bought it for $4k according to his tweet.

Model 3 Owners Club on Twitter

That said I’m waiting a couple of days to do the upgrade to FSD just to give the dust time to settle ;)

Last edited:
There is really some confusion over this. The way I read it if CDN and bought EAP and had it delivered before yesterday (like us) the $4000 CDN ($3000 USD) IS the price reduction for FSD upgrade. This will also give us the Hardware upgrade. I think your good. I know over at M3OC Trevor bought it for $4k according to his tweet.

Model 3 Owners Club on Twitter

That said I’m waiting a couple of days to do the upgrade to FSD just to give the dust time to settle ;)

Allegedly this price is going to be lowered per Elon Musk. He said the customer portals will take a few days to update. We'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: McFlurri and 03DSG
Super excited to get the base Autopilot for now. At $5K before, i didn't see much value in it since i rarely drove on the highway much on my daily commute. If it's actually $2,600-$2700 for it i'll definitely spring for it.

Still not sure about FSD. I rather wait another year before contemplating getting that and see where development is at

Hey the price got reduced to 3k USD 4k CAD however Elon said it was supposed to be 2k USD 2.7k CAD. Elon Musk on Twitter Here is him saying it will take a couple days for the system to reflect that price Elon Musk on Twitter
Super excited to get the base Autopilot for now. At $5K before, i didn't see much value in it since i rarely drove on the highway much on my daily commute. If it's actually $2,600-$2700 for it i'll definitely spring for it.

Still not sure about FSD. I rather wait another year before contemplating getting that and see where development is at
They already said all the FSD features currently listed is released before end of the year. Why do you think they removed FSD for purchase a while ago? They are close to actually releasing it so they reintroduced it with different prices and features (No more EAP). You can wait all you want but I doubt the price would stay for long.

Definitely sounds like the right plan to me! Trying to make sense of what Tesla is up to is like trying to drink from a colander. It's also another example of clear communication by Tesla not only to its customers but to its own staff. (that's sarcasm for those who missed it since it doesn't always come across in text.) Thanks for your info. It was helpful. Please let me know how it works out for you when you decide to purchase.

Reactions: 03DSG
New chart @TroyTeslike. NOTE: $USD

Troy Teslike on Twitter

DBEA2C74-AD2E-4BD2-A10C-66360C0DEFAE.jpeg

I love how nothing is crystal clear in Tesla world. I opted for no EAP at time of purchase. So what is the price for AP now? And AP and FSD if you had neither?

On my Account page it say $5300 for AP and and Additional $9200 for FSD (total $14,500). Which is way more than what was announced.

Chart is still incorrect.

If you had EAP but not FSD.. the it's a $2000USD upgrade. Not $3000USD

Actually the chart does say $2K, it's a little confusing if you don't read from top to bottom.

I love how nothing is crystal clear in Tesla world. I opted for no EAP at time of purchase. So what is the price for AP now? And AP and FSD if you had neither?

On my Account page it say $5300 for AP and and Additional $9200 for FSD (total $14,500). Which is way more than what was announced.

Changes won't be reflected on the website for another day or so. If you didn't purchase EAP, your price will be $5,000USD for the full deal or $2000USD for base AP (Magenta Box "A" of the listed features). You "win" compared to everyone else if opt for the full deal.

Reactions: Muskol
Damn, I got the car on Dec 10th... Seriously, onwers like me should get FSD for free. Anyways, I think I'll hold off as I'm actually getting no new functions for now forfor. The group that are getting screwed the most are the owners who have gotten FSD in the first place.

Hopefully, Elon changes this again and let us have FSD for free... :)