Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 FSD Upgrade Price is $4,000CAD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid the $6600 and agreed to pay that. I saw the value.

I am not upset in the slightest to have paid $3000 more for FSD and frankly.. no one else should be either.

Just a bunch of babies we have in our community. Prices change ALL THE TIME for damn near everything. When you originally purchased EAP, you agreed to that price. So what if other people paid less. It litterally happens in every business sector on the planet every second.

Cars, houses, appliances, electronics, travel/ vacations, food, gas etc.... ALL have the potential for one person to pay more than another person. Whether it's a sale price or you negotiated well/ poorly, or the gas station around the corner is cheaper... at the end of the day a purchase price is agreed upon.

I saw the value at $6600 for EAP... and I see the value for $2950 for FSD/HW3.

Grow up people!

I just spoke to a Tesla rep. He mentioned that there has been no information from corporate that if you upgrade to FSD, that it would guarantee free HW3 upgrade. He also mentioned that FSD might work with HW2.5 so that's why there hasn't been any announcement on HW3.

• Informative
Reactions: BBone
I paid the $6600 and agreed to pay that. I saw the value.

I am not upset in the slightest to have paid $3000 more for FSD and frankly.. no one else should be either.

Just a bunch of babies we have in our community. Prices change ALL THE TIME for damn near everything. When you originally purchased EAP, you agreed to that price. So what if other people paid less. It litterally happens in every business sector on the planet every second.

Cars, houses, appliances, electronics, travel/ vacations, food, gas etc.... ALL have the potential for one person to pay more than another person. Whether it's a sale price or you negotiated well/ poorly, or the gas station around the corner is cheaper... at the end of the day a purchase price is agreed upon.

I saw the value at $6600 for EAP... and I see the value for $2950 for FSD/HW3.

Grow up people!

Agree.

I think of it as Amazon.ca prices.

Screwed a bit? It's like 3K difference. LOL At the very least, Tesla should adjust the price so that the people that bought EAP before should either get early access program or a price adjustment. Did you also pay $6600 for EAP?
Yes I did paid $6,600 for EAP, that's why I said I got screwed abit. I could have paid $6,600 for full FSD now.... Now, I need to pay a total of $9,200 for FSD.

However, I might just pay another $2,600 for FSD so that it will be future-proof.

Last edited:
I just spoke to a Tesla rep. He mentioned that there has been no information from corporate that if you upgrade to FSD, that it would guarantee free HW3 upgrade. He also mentioned that FSD might work with HW2.5 so that's why there hasn't been any announcement on HW3.

Elon confirmed on twitter that FSD will include the HW3 upgrade. When you will get that upgrade is still up in the air.

$6600 to upgrade from AP to FSD before delivery. Is it worth it for NoA and Autopark?
No, not for those two alone....autopark is terrible, my grandmother (who has passed away) parks faster and with less back and forth. It also dry turns the tires all the time...that's assuming it even finds the parking spot at all which pretty much never happens for me.

So, as of today no way its worth that extra money. But if you want to future proof yourself and can afford it (that's the most critical part), then go for it.

Autopark is iffy, it read parking spots even when you're sandwiched between traffic in the middle lane. More of a show off feature whenever it pops up.

NoA is not ground breaking either, I often find myself using lane keeping and TACC because I know which lane to be in to go straight through till the off ramp.

Enhanced summon + FSD (Future updates) may be worth it. HW3 upgrade was a steal for 2600 CAD + taxes (3k CAD). My advice would be to wait for another end of quarter pricing blunder/sale.

Autopark is iffy, it read parking spots even when you're sandwiched between traffic in the middle lane. More of a show off feature whenever it pops up.

NoA is not ground breaking either, I often find myself using lane keeping and TACC because I know which lane to be in to go straight through till the off ramp.

Enhanced summon + FSD (Future updates) may be worth it. HW3 upgrade was a steal for 2600 CAD + taxes (3k CAD). My advice would be to wait for another end of quarter pricing blunder/sale.
Thanks, good point. My car is still pending delivery but I ordered on March 20 so AP is $4000 and FSD is $6600 on top of that. Apparently if I want FSD after delivery it's $9200 (Woah!). I wish my FSD is $3000 but no dice.

Thanks, good point. My car is still pending delivery but I ordered on March 20 so AP is $4000 and FSD is $6600 on top of that. Apparently if I want FSD after delivery it's $9200 (Woah!). I wish my FSD is $3000 but no dice.

Didn't they extend the sale period? Or was that March 18th? I'm sure there's room for negotiation (hopefully), they want to sell these cars. Promise to sign an NDA perhaps :). 5K USD for FSD is good value imho.