Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Handover Event -- July 28, 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to be in Boston the last few days, and getting up this morning to drive home, I was like "huh, I wonder how much direct flights are from BOS today?"... and yes, I looked it up and there were flights I could make it to the event on time. It would have cost over $1000, but then I was like "eh, I'll skip it". I think I made the right call.

I feel terrible for the people who spent that kind of money just to get there. You made the right call.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Presentation was relatively short on facts, but the 310 crushes the Bolt, despite being in a higher price range. We all sort of knew that Tesla wouldn't let the Bolt roll out as a longer range vehicle. 220 is something, but 310 is shocking to anyone viewing this with a level head.
If GM was not primarily planning to sell the Bolt for ZEV credits and had to produce a profitable vehicle, the comparison would appear quite different.

Reactions: ohmman
I had to be in Boston the last few days, and getting up this morning to drive home, I was like "huh, I wonder how much direct flights are from BOS today?"... and yes, I looked it up and there were flights I could make it to the event on time. It would have cost over $1000, but then I was like "eh, I'll skip it". I think I made the right call.
It's a 90 minute drive for me.. but still.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
So the long-range model with a non-black color, AWD, EAP and upgrade package will be around $60k. Maybe $3k more for non-cloth seats. Glad I got my S and didn't wait around for this. Can't see the stock doing well Monday. Going to be a lot of people getting their deposit back.

Reactions: Eclectic
IMG_3674.JPG

This is posted over on InsideEVs - not sure of the source/legitimacy:

VEHICLE SPECIFICATIONS
Dimensions & Weight

• Length: 184.8”
  • Width: 72.8” (76.1” with mirrors folded)
  • Height: 56.8”
  • Wheelbase: 113.2”
  • Track (wheel center): 62.2” front and rear
  • Ground clearance: 5.5”
  • Head room, standard: 39.6” front row, 37.7” second row
  • Head room, glass roof: 40.3” front row, 37.7” second row
  • Leg room: 42.7” front row, 35.2” second row
  • Shoulder room: 56.3” front row, 54.0” second row
  • Hip room: 53.4” front row, 52.4” second row
  • Seating capacity: 5 adults
  • Luggage capacity: 15 cubic feet
  • Curb weight:
    • 3549 lbs. (Model 3)
    • 3814 lbs. (Model 3 Long Range)
  • Weight distribution:
    • 47% front, 53% rear (Model 3)
    • 48% front, 52% rear (Model 3 Long Range)
Body

• Hybrid steel/aluminum body
  • Drag coefficient of 0.23
Chassis

• Double wishbone, virtual steer axis front suspension with coil over twin-tube shock absorbers and stabilizer bar
  • Independent multi-link rear suspension with twin-tube shock absorbers and stabilizer bar
  • Variable ratio, speed sensitive electronic power steering
  • Electromechanically boosted four wheel anti-lock disc brakes with electronic brake force distribution
  • 18” Aero or 19” Sport wheels with all-season tires
Standard Accessories

• 240 volt NEMA 14-50 adapter
  • 120 volt NEMA 5-15 adapter
  • J1772 public charging adapter
  • 20 foot mobile connector with storage bag

• Informative
Reactions: cdub
what a disappointment. a year and a half of holding our cash -- these cars are now driving on the street and we still have no idea what options are available and what they cost?

somehow people here will make excuses as to why that is acceptable to them. so glad i preordered an xc60 since my initial reservation. was holding out hope that elon had something up his sleeve, but he wasn't even wearing a shirt.

All specs are posted on electrek.

RT

Reactions: diamond.g