Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Handover Event -- July 28, 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gosh. The more I think about it, they may have really just hurt themselves. People may cancel reservations. They should have waited until the end of September or something. It is still going to be awesome when it is ready, but it is not ready.

Yeah, I kind of...was sort of...expecting a 2007 iPhone Reveal style event. Lot's of details, great long presentation, etc.

And no Signature version or Sig Red. When I asserted a year or more ago that that didn't fit the profile of the M3 audience and Tesla wouldn't do that, everyone jumped down my throat! I have to go dig up those old threads. ;)
ok, but the standard color is black? BLACK!?! MF!! Now I have to spend an extra $1,000 to get a different color.

While this was broadcast live, this was really an event for the employees and some investors. Sure everyone wants to hear more about the car but I don't view this as a product announcement like the reveal last year was....More like what we've accomplished and how many of you it's taken us to get to this point...and now we have more to do. From what I saw online I thought it was a nice company event. And Elon did get cars out by the end of July. This new model production is such a massive undertaking on so many fronts and he made reference to that and how dependent things still are to get really cranking them out. I think everyone there should be really proud of what they have managed to accomplish.

I get people want more info and want their cars. Given how many more reservations there are for the Model 3 than for the MS when it came out I guess we'll hear more impatient voices out there. I have to wonder what the folks at other EV manufacturers are thinking right now.

Personally I was excited to hear that the long-range vehicle gets over 300 miles. Heard rumors of something in that range but now we know. Can't wait to see what that will translate to for the next MS revision. At that point I think I'll get our 75D as my sole car and hubby will get one with a higher battery range. Still could be a ways off.

If I'm not mistaken we should be hearing from a few members on here who were part of the Rewards group invitees after they've had their ride in the car. Very curious to hear comments about the interior and the ride.

Last edited:
My own summary: They can produce a higher margin S for delivery Now. The quickest way to get a 3 is to go for the 44K version which most people will put options on bringing the price closer to an S. In essence the reveal was mostly about not osbourning the S.

Glad I did not travel cross country to go to this.

Reactions: bdy0627 and ohmman
So were the Loveday commercials chosen by a popular vote?

If so, I'm not shocked Marques got 1st, he does have a huge huge following on Youtube. That first commercial I thought was amazing and funny. She deserved to win.
Totally agree. At first I found it really annoying. Then I realized she was channeling the vid below, and I found it hilarious.

Reactions: Bebop
I was excited to hear that the long-range vehicle gets over 300 miles. Heard rumors of something in that range but now we know. Can't wait to see what that will translate to for the next MS revision. At that point I think I'll get our 75D as my sole car and hubby will get one with a higher battery range. Still could be a ways off.

I hope any revisions to the MS won't happen anytime soon since I'm planning on ordering one.

IMG_3684.PNG

Last edited: