Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 has small brake lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
m3-brakes.png

3-brake-lights-png.230398

Last edited:
Reactions: ikjadoon
That's legitimately terrible.

This would be more than fine for me. It would also eliminate the stupidity that is the brake/turn signal combo. The brake light on the trunk lid would remain on while the brake/turn signal combo light on the outer body of the car could flash. It looks like there is already a light there.

I believe I colored over the reverse lights. But I think having them switch back to white (Idk jack about lights but people said Tesla can control the colors of the lights via software?) when in reverse and having the "small" brake light only would be acceptable in those conditions, given that we know white can only be reverse.

m3-brakes.png

I wish the outer segment would light up brighter (during braking like Model S) and the inner segment would flash amber when signalling (Model X and European S have amber signals.)
planb.png

^^^ Wish-list Mock-up ^^^

Model S brake lights:
models-braking1.png

s-brake.png

( On European Model S that inner c flashes amber when signalling )
The Model S CHMSL (center high mounted stop light) is also much bigger.
It looks to me like the 3 brake light is rather dim when viewed from the side, whereas the S makes a wider spread of light.
(The 3 LED is like a "beam" pointed straight backwards)

euro-sig1-png.229687

Last edited:
Reactions: Siciliano