Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are at least two different keyfobs. I looked at used Model X ones and they apparently don't work on M3. So it's $175 for a new one direct from Tesla. It works just like a smartphone, without having to watch the battery status. There's also a $18 keychain thingy. Without the thingy the keyfob has no way to attach to other keys.

There are also rings and other jewelry constructed with the working part of the card key. I guess they buy cardkeys, dissolve the cardkey material in acetic acid, and weave the remaining chip and antenna into a piece of jewelry.

I printed the owner's manual (284 pages) and have gotten maybe 20% of the way through it. Way too complex for the mass market. The Model 2 is going to need another introductory manual for non-techies. My wife hasn't got her nerve up enough yet to even sit in the driver's seat. My announcing my latest discoveries doesn't encourage her. One thing she really has on me is fastening the seatbelt. She has no problem with it in the passenger seat. Takes me a major battle to attach it. I somehow get the belt in the way of the latch. Other people don't seem to have the problem, so I'll probably eventually get the hang of it.
Thanks for the info. I bought a new one as well as a case.

IMG_6984.jpeg

Thanks for posting this! Looks like it left the port on the 7th and this the day I got the new EDD of Feb 17 - Mar 2! Super excited
That part confused me I been tracking that as well, if true and its RWD on ship why would the change your starting date to Feb 17th when the ship will not arrive to Canada till Feb 24th . Wouldnt they give EDD for the Estimated arrival not a week and a bit before. I figured maybe RWD were coming up from Fremont maybe .

That part confused me I been tracking that as well, if true and its RWD on ship why would the change your starting date to Feb 17th when the ship will not arrive to Canada till Feb 24th . Wouldnt they give EDD for the Estimated arrival not a week and a bit before. I figured maybe RWD were coming up from Fremont maybe .
They seem to work in ranges.

-> 2 months
-> 1 month
-> 2 weeks

After you get a 2 week range this is where it gets a bit more narrow and sporadic until you get the delivery date from what I've seen. Feb 24 falls in line with Feb 17 - Mar 2. The ship left the port so they sent some of us an update.

As for your comment on the RWD, can you clarify what you mean? I ordered a LR and a bit confused with the comment.

They seem to work in ranges.

-> 2 months
-> 1 month
-> 2 weeks

After you get a 2 week range this is where it gets a bit more narrow and sporadic until you get the delivery date from what I've seen. Feb 24 falls in line with Feb 17 - Mar 2. The ship left the port so they sent some of us an update.

As for your comment on the RWD, can you clarify what you mean? I ordered a LR and a bit confused with the comment.
ohhh my bad you ordered Long Range , I seen tons of RWD orders get their dates changed as of recent, and those people east coast like Montreal etc. some whom ordered like Jan 28-30th get those dates. I ordered Jan11th and my date hasn't changed from feb28th to march31. So my way of thinking was RWD maybe coming from Fremont and AWD from Shanghai . Of course all speculations and guesses.

Reactions: sethsodyssey
ohhh my bad you ordered Long Range , I seen tons of RWD orders get their dates changed as of recent, and those people east coast like Montreal etc. some whom ordered like Jan 28-30th get those dates. I ordered Jan11th and my date hasn't changed from feb28th to march31. So my way of thinking was RWD maybe coming from Fremont and AWD from Shanghai . Of course all speculations and guesses.
Enjoy the ride! I'm sure you'll get updates soon. After my order on Jan 14, it was sitting at Feb-Mar. Within a couple of days changed to Mar 1 - Mar 31. I didn't get an update for over close to 3 weeks after this. 😅

It's funny how the brain works right. You get the update and then instantly all you care bout is the next update lol.

Reactions: smallb1980
Enjoy the ride! I'm sure you'll get updates soon. After my order on Jan 14, it was sitting at Feb-Mar. Within a couple of days changed to Mar 1 - Mar 31. I didn't get an update for over close to 3 weeks after this. 😅

It's funny how the brain works right. You get the update and then instantly all you care bout is the next update lol.
I know lol I ordered Jan 11th got 1 update about a week after ordering to Feb28th-March31 and has not moved since. :(

To pass the time Ordered the all weather mats that kept me busy for a week till they arrived. So then I ordered the mobile charger that is on its way so that will distract for a week till that arrives :p
I ordered the mobile connector the day I placed the order and it arrived rather fast in less than a week. I hid it away in another room so I don't get reminded every time I see it to check my app I get for an update

Reactions: smallb1980