Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up this morning to a new EDD, Was Feb 17 - Mar 2; but now it’s Mar 6 - Mar 31. Pushed the first date back by 16 days and extended the time frame to 25 days from 2 weeks.
Must have something to do with the Pacific Ocean and weather conditions as the ship is 4 days late getting into Tacoma WA., and so at least 4 days late getting to Vancouver. Won’t be happy if this changes my trade in value again…

Woke up this morning to a new EDD, Was Feb 17 - Mar 2; but now it’s Mar 6 - Mar 31. Pushed the first date back by 16 days and extended the time frame to 25 days from 2 weeks.
Must have something to do with the Pacific Ocean and weather conditions as the ship is 4 days late getting into Tacoma WA., and so at least 4 days late getting to Vancouver. Won’t be happy if this changes my trade in value again…
I hear ya, the date Feb 17 was likely to never happen as it was Originally estimated to arrive in Canada the 24th but its going to be 4 days late arriving to Tacoma . My original trade in expired, never bothered resubmitting yet, and was advised by my SA wait till its closer so dont have to do multiple. So Im waiting till I know the boat has arrived and unloaded in Canada. Then I will redo it.

I hear ya, the date Feb 17 was likely to never happen as it was Originally estimated to arrive in Canada the 24th but its going to be 4 days late arriving to Tacoma . My original trade in expired, never bothered resubmitting yet, and was advised by my SA wait till its closer so dont have to do multiple. So Im waiting till I know the boat has arrived and unloaded in Canada. Then I will redo it.
Renew is easier, just answer few questions in the app. Mine expired few days ago , they gave me the same offer. I’m not too sure if anything pending in my account will affect the EDD. So I get it done.

Renew is easier, just answer few questions in the app. Mine expired few days ago , they gave me the same offer. I’m not too sure if anything pending in my account will affect the EDD. So I get it done.
Fair my SA assured me it has zero effect on delays of delivery and suggested I wait a bit as if I did right away which was the 13th, and it would 99% expire again being 30 more days before delivery. Which is why Im waiting a bit, plus i commute alot for work. so id easily pass the 1500 kms anyway.

Huge Bait & Switch by Tesla.

I was asked by Advisor to submit my financing and Trade-in after purchasing the car Jan 12th.

I was told I would have to just update Odometer once expired (if car was delivered beforehand). I did so.

Over the last month, I refrained from driving that much (I do drive a lot) and one way to office is 50km twice a week. Added 2000KM.

I was aware offer would drop due to mileage, but was not expecting Trade-in offer to drop by $5,000 in 30 days. Official offer Jan 15th ($25,450). Offer today ($20,550).

I'm at a loss for words. Now I'll have to try and sell privately and who knows how long this will take before delivery in possible 2-3 weeks.

Thanks Tesla.

Huge Bait & Switch by Tesla.

I was asked by Advisor to submit my financing and Trade-in after purchasing the car Jan 12th.

I was told I would have to just update Odometer once expired (if car was delivered beforehand). I did so.

Over the last month, I refrained from driving that much (I do drive a lot) and one way to office is 50km twice a week. Added 2000KM.

I was aware offer would drop due to mileage, but was not expecting Trade-in offer to drop by $5,000 in 30 days. Official offer Jan 15th ($25,450). Offer today ($20,550).

I'm at a loss for words. Now I'll have to try and sell privately and who knows how long this will take before delivery in possible 2-3 weeks.

Thanks Tesla.
You have to understand Tesla doesn't really want your car. they would rather you sell your car privately then trade it in. they are not a dealership. I say just sell your car privately and get more money for it.

For those (like me) that had "bait and switch" concerns, going from a January trade in number on the estimate, to the final, Telsa actually followed up with me pretty well on my concerns, and gave me a pretty detailed explanation for the difference, in short, the "estimate" is made on market conditions without any data from the pictures that would indicate deductions, but notably, there were very significant price reductions for the Y in my market (which affect the resale value of all Teslas, new Y's get cheaper, resale prices get cheaper too), basically the LR Y dropped 4K and that made it qualify for 7K of QC incentives, so a new Y LR got 11K cheaper, which happened between my estimate and my offer, dropping my wholesale used price a lot ($4K). Then there was about a further $2K of issues on the photos (it is a 2019 after all) which caused deductions.

I don't have to like the outcome (no change to my offer, take it if you want it, don't if you don't, typical Tesla 😆), but I have to be fair: the explanation was made, it was credible, fair, and makes sense. I have options, I can always sell privately if I think it's worth more, so I'm looking at it in that light. Good on them for going into the detail with me on exactly WHY it dropped so much, I can't fault them there.

Its getting closer :)

Screenshot 2024-02-20 105438.png