Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's interesting is that some of the fellas on the east coast got their vin's literally a month before it will be delivered?! If our cars were on that ship then why would we not have the VIN as well? In that case, what your SA said might be true? Like Emmy ordered same model as me just different wheels. A couple have ordered the same config as you and they got there vin.

I truthfully don't care if the car comes from Fremont or Shanghai. Some of the folks in the US are in the same boat as us (45+ days no VIN) so there's that. We'll see, just have to keep painfully waiting lol. 🤪
Ya I think my SA is right and we are getting US cars. And ya I don't care where it comes from I just want it lol

Reactions: sethsodyssey
What's interesting is that some of the fellas on the east coast got their vin's literally a month before it will be delivered?! If our cars were on that ship then why would we not have the VIN as well? In that case, what your SA said might be true? Like Emmy ordered same model as me just different wheels. A couple have ordered the same config as you and they got there vin.

I truthfully don't care if the car comes from Fremont or Shanghai. Some of the folks in the US are in the same boat as us (45+ days no VIN) so there's that. We'll see, just have to keep painfully waiting lol. 🤪
Having our VINdepends only on our tesla advisor, if is he willing to give it to us or not.

I'm pretty confident that if in the code source on your tesla account page, you have '"isNotMatchedToRa00Vin": false', the advisor should be able to find your VIN.

Having our VINdepends only on our tesla advisor, if is he willing to give it to us or not.

I'm pretty confident that if in the code source on your tesla account page, you have '"isNotMatchedToRa00Vin": false', the advisor should be able to find your VIN.
Lol, that's simply not true. With that model Tesla's SA's would be spammed with constant messages. The VIN is dependant on a ton of factors (order date, config, availability, location, etc.). It doesn't depend on whether your SA is willing to give you a vin or not.

If the value is false, that means that you have a preassigned VIN that your advisor could find. How do you explain that a lot of us have that value and tesla sent us the vin via mail or message and it's not showing on the app ?

We're discussing the fact that east and west coast orders are potentially being delivered by different factories and the evidence in front of us to support that. Then, you advise me that your vin simply depends on whether or not your SA is willing to give you the vin depending on information you find in the source code? That's not how it works & not relevant to what was being discussed. Most people will be notified of their vin assignment and not have to check the source code on the Tesla website everyday.

I'll share my experience, when most people on the east coast were getting VINs I didn't receive one, I texted in the app and they told me "you'll have to wait" I then texted the store and received the same message so I gave up. then went in person for a test drive and spoke to a SA and asked why I couldn't have it and he said hold on ill get it for you and texted it to me right away.

We're discussing the fact that east and west coast orders are potentially being delivered by different factories and the evidence in front of us to support that. Then, you advise me that your vin simply depends on whether or not your SA is willing to give you the vin depending on information you find in the source code? That's not how it works & not relevant to what was being discussed. Most people will be notified of their vin assignment and not have to check the source code on the Tesla website everyday.
I believe we stand out from the majority on this forum. Everyone here eagerly awaits information about their cars, including confirmation of VIN assignment.

One way to confirm this is by checking the source code. If you suggest that individuals who have inquired with their SA for a VIN but haven't received one might have the 'isNotMatchedToRa00Vin' set to true, perhaps you're correct.

However, it's misleading to say that's not how it works.

Lol, that's simply not true. With that model Tesla's SA's would be spammed with constant messages. The VIN is dependant on a ton of factors (order date, config, availability, location, etc.). It doesn't depend on whether your SA is willing to give you a vin or not.
maybe this is true, when i asked for my VIN through the app i was denied and sent a generic message but when i went to the store in person they gave it to me. might be how busy they are or just lazy to pull up the file.

Reactions: Goschan
Just another data point: after a test drive last week, the Tesla advisor was able to pull up model 3’s in the “inventory” that matched what I wanted and send me a link to it so that I could order it directly, even though there were no model 3 highland vehicles in the existing inventory when one checks the web site. As the car was specified, it already had a VIN that I could obtain from the outset. Delivery estimate is for March 13-27. Vehicle details still shows NO VIN, but I have it from when I was sent the link to buy. Ontario address.

• Informative
Reactions: Goschan
here's an updated timeline from me:

Stealth Gray RWD
OD: 12/24/23 (carried over from 2023 M3 order)

EDD1: Feb 11 - March 17
EDD2: Feb 15 - March 14
EDD3: Feb 21 - March 6
EDD4: Feb 24 - March 7
EDD5/Delivery Day: March 3rd 🥳🥳🥳

Feb 15th prompted in app to review and accept changes, "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin" in the source code now False
Feb 22rd prompted to schedule delivery
Feb 24th VIN appeared in app (Shanghai/LRW)

fwiw, my other order from Jan 9th 2024 still hasnt been soft matched to a VIN and, EDD March 1 - March 29

here's an updated timeline from me:

Stealth Gray RWD
OD: 12/24/23 (carried over from 2023 M3 order)

EDD1: Feb 11 - March 17
EDD2: Feb 15 - March 14
EDD3: Feb 21 - March 6
EDD4: Feb 24 - March 7
EDD5/Delivery Day: March 3rd 🥳🥳🥳

Feb 15th prompted in app to review and accept changes, "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin" in the source code now False
Feb 22rd prompted to schedule delivery
Feb 24th VIN appeared in app (Shanghai/LRW)

fwiw, my other order from Jan 9th 2024 still hasnt been soft matched to a VIN and, EDD March 1 - March 29
Awesome! That might be one of the first deliveries in Canada. :)

Reactions: Saittech
I believe we stand out from the majority on this forum. Everyone here eagerly awaits information about their cars, including confirmation of VIN assignment.

One way to confirm this is by checking the source code. If you suggest that individuals who have inquired with their SA for a VIN but haven't received one might have the 'isNotMatchedToRa00Vin' set to true, perhaps you're correct.

However, it's misleading to say that's not how it works.
I have checked my source code every day. I do not have a vin assigned as it is set to true.