Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh ok. I wonder what the date is for that ship to get here.
1709057233109.png

Earlier in the thread someone said Grand Choice is leaving China Feb 24 and arriving Mar 17

I'm going to be pissed if my car was not on the boat. Seeing as I ordered on Jan 13.
I feel you bro, right there with you lol. My SA said when I ordered initially around jan 14 she expects the cars to arrive in calgary late February/early March which aligns with our EDD's...

A bit confusing how we both had the EDD of Feb 17 - Mar 2 the day the ship left Shanghai which made perfect sense with arrival estimate + time to get to us. What's confusing is the change to Mar 8 - 31st, which is a longer window than the 2 week prior window AND the info your SA (and mine recently) about the fact east & west coast orders are from different factories. If that's the case, in combination with the fact the USA folks are in the same boat as us, I might be a bit worried. But, if a local guy from Calgary just advised we might get vin's within the week there might be hope?

We will see. If nothing after this week I'm gonna give my local Tesla a call and speak to someone on the phone instead of text to see what I can gather.

Last edited:
I feel you bro, right there with you lol. My SA said when I ordered initially around jan 14 she expects the cars to arrive in calgary late February/early March which aligns with our EDD's...

A bit confusing how we both had the EDD of Feb 17 - Mar 2 the day the ship left Shanghai which made perfect sense with arrival estimate + time to get to us. What's confusing is the change to Mar 8 - 31st, which is a longer window than the 2 week prior window AND the info your SA (and mine recently) about the fact east & west coast orders are from different factories. If that's the case, in combination with the fact the USA folks are in the same boat as us, I might be a bit worried. But, if a local guy from Calgary just advised we might get vin's within the week there might be hope?

We will see. If nothing after this week I'm gonna give my local Tesla a call and speak to someone on the phone instead of text to see what I gan gather.
Ya I hope that the guys rep is right and we will get vins this week. I'll also call the Edmonton Tesla if I don't and see if we get different answers

• Love
Reactions: sethsodyssey
Going from passive observer on day 1 to getting more vocal around here. OD Jan 19th.

Saittech and Seth, I have my fingers crossed for my fellow Albertans/Westerners (even though I just moved out east). You guys should be the some of the first to take delivery, and I'd be pissed for you both if it doesn't happen. I've been trying to keep my fingers on the country's pulse constantly since my OD, and if I get wind of anything (media, rail connections), I will let everyone know.

I don't involve myself too much with online forums, but this community has sucked me in, and I'm glad we get to experience and celebrate the process together. We'll be looking back on this whole thing in a short while from now when we're all cruising around in our new rides, appreciative of these moments (albeit be a stressful couple of months). :)

-L

Going from passive observer on day 1 to getting more vocal around here. OD Jan 19th.

Saittech and Seth, I have my fingers crossed for my fellow Albertans/Westerners (even though I just moved out east). You guys should be the some of the first to take delivery, and I'd be pissed for you both if it doesn't happen. I've been trying to keep my fingers on the country's pulse constantly since my OD, and if I get wind of anything (media, rail connections), I will let everyone know.

I don't involve myself too much with online forums, but this community has sucked me in, and I'm glad we get to experience and celebrate the process together. We'll be looking back on this whole thing in a short while from now when we're all cruising around in our new rides, appreciative of these moments (albeit be a stressful couple of months). :)

-L
Appreciate the kind words! What's most interesting to me is the fact the east coast fellas got a VIN a month in advance before delivery yet we haven't? If the cars were on the Shanghai ship then why not us on the west? Additionally, I actually saw someone comment on a Tesla Canada Twitter thread, or maybe it was Morten Grove (the guy who tracks the ships), about someone in AB getting a VIN already. Maybe I'll reach out to him.

Anyways, hoping for the best.

Reactions: Saittech
Appreciate the kind words! What's most interesting to me is the fact the east coast fellas got a VIN a month in advance before delivery yet we haven't? If the cars were on the Shanghai ship then why not us on the west? Additionally, I actually saw someone comment on a Tesla Canada Twitter thread, or maybe it was Morten Grove (the guy who tracks the ships), about someone in AB getting a VIN already. Maybe I'll reach out to him.

Anyways, hoping for the best.
It's odd, I agree. The whole thing felt kinda informal too. No VIN in app, nothing anywhere that shows it except for a random text from Tesla (that I didn't even ask for), with the VIN and a prompt to get my insurance sorted. The website still tells me to complete my insurance task even though I have no date of delivery to start the policy with, nor do I have the ability to upload it. The whole thing felt strange.

I hope this is some weird issue on their end, and you'll get your VIN followed by a DD soon after. That would be the standard process anyway, wouldn't it be? You and I coming at this as first timers doesn't help the cause, I suppose.

If you want your VIN or to know where your car is, maybe I can help. I was one of the first to get a Shanghai car, (Model Y) last summer. Your SA has access to your info on their laptop through the "Tesla OS Transport Management System " Your ViN is there. They can tell you if your car is on the ship. Also the exact date and time it left the factory to the very second and the delivery ETA. They can even tell you the battery SOC. Mine was 50.6% while at the factory yard. The mileage too and that's important. If it's at about 3.5 kms, then your car is at the factory yard. If it's at about 11 kms, then your car was driven from the plant to the port and may be there or on the ship.

To get all this info, don't waste everyone's time with emails or phone calls. Vist your SA in person and have your order number ready. Visit when they are NOT BUSY. Maybe 20 minutes after they open or such. Find a SA that is not busy with customers. Younger ones seem especially enthusiastic and helpful. Also, don't fret if your car is not on the first ship. It could be on either the first or second ship for no apparent reason. The second ship will come real soon after the first. I know many of you are bursting with excitement as you should be. Hopefully this will help. Good luck.