Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just pull the trigger and ordered the Model 3 long range. Delivery Day is March 28 - March 30. I live in Scarborough, Toronto. But I can't take delivery until after April 1.

Attachments

• TESLA2.jpg
    TESLA2.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 28
I just pull the trigger and ordered the Model 3 long range. Delivery Day is March 28 - March 30. I live in Scarborough, Toronto. But I can't take delivery until after April 1.
that's interesting. I'm in markham and I ordered the same configuration around a month ago and my EDD is march 31 - april 14. My SA said that's its expected around april 5th

I have a few questions regarding the loan offer we received on January 10th, and I'm hoping to gain some clarity from your insights and experiences.

1. Is the loan offer we received on January 10th still valid? My understanding is that it was slated to last for 60 days. However, given the time frame and the arrival of the cars, there's a concern that it might become obsolete.

2. Suppose I come across a better offer elsewhere before the expiration of the current loan offer. Can anyone confirm if it's feasible to update my payment terms or explore alternative options?

Will they not just let you refuse the first delivery without having to cancel?
I didn't even get to that. On the APP as you see in the screenshot is March 28 to March 30 for delivery. So before I even get any message, I message them telling them I can't get my money out till after April 1. I said if I can get my car after April 2, and he/she message me that he expected the car arriving on March 20 and I only have 3 days to pick it up. He ask me do I wanted to proceed? So at that point I have to cancel it.

I didn't even get to that. On the APP as you see in the screenshot is March 28 to March 30 for delivery. So before I even get any message, I message them telling them I can't get my money out till after April 1. I said if I can get my car after April 2, and he/she message me that he expected the car arriving on March 20 and I only have 3 days to pick it up. He ask me do I wanted to proceed? So at that point I have to cancel it.
First post but thought I contribute my experience.
I was in a similar boat. My funds were tied to GIC until after May. My Tesla advisor said to put the order in first. And if you get a delivery date before you are ready, just choose reschedule. Then either keep on rescheduling until you run out of chances (don’t cancel right away in case it works out) or just work out a financing term and pay the finance for a couple of months (lose out on interest for a month or two) and then when the cash arrives, pay it out later. The finance terms are open-ended and there is no penalty or limit on early payouts (except you have to pay the finance just one month)

So that is what I’m doing. Finance with minimal down payment for 36 month and then lump sum pay down a significant portion later

Reactions: Goschan
Any new news? Hope to get another update to the EDD today. View attachment 1024818
You should go in to one of the Tesla stores and speak with an SA when it’s not terribly busy. I went to see one over the weekend, to see if they could give me a date, and their dashboard is incredibly detailed. They see exactly where the car is (if it’s loaded on the train or not), an expected delivery date (not range), and even the confidence of hitting that expected delivery date.

If their store isn’t busy, most of them don’t mind looking it up for you. I’ve even heard that with the serial number they can ping the car to see its exact location before it arrives (didn’t try this though).

Reactions: 404 Not Found
You should go in to one of the Tesla stores and speak with an SA when it’s not terribly busy. I went to see one over the weekend, to see if they could give me a date, and their dashboard is incredibly detailed. They see exactly where the car is (if it’s loaded on the train or not), an expected delivery date (not range), and even the confidence of hitting that expected delivery date.

If their store isn’t busy, most of them don’t mind looking it up for you. I’ve even heard that with the serial number they can ping the car to see its exact location before it arrives (didn’t try this though).
I wish I could but I have to travel 4 hours to where I'm picking up the car. But thanks for that info