Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2024-model-3-delivery-update-v0-2yrjn3fmrbnc1.png

Ordered on March 4th in Laval, Quebec. Had to request VIN via message and got it 3 days later. Got the prompt to schedule a delivery this morning so I chose the earliest available date and time. Safe to say, I am SUPER EXCITED. My first EV and first "new" car!

View attachment 1026241
Ordered on March 4th in Laval, Quebec. Had to request VIN via message and got it 3 days later. Got the prompt to schedule a delivery this morning so I chose the earliest available date and time. Safe to say, I am SUPER EXCITED. My first EV and first "new" car!
You ordered March 4th and already got a delivery appointment scheduled ? :eek:
People who ordered February are still waiting for their app to update with delivery dates, you got the fastpass or something ? :D

Reactions: Goschan
You ordered March 4th and already got a delivery appointment scheduled ? :eek:
People who ordered February are still waiting for their app to update with delivery dates, you got the fastpass or something ? :D
Yessir, I went for a test drive on the 4th, ordered it that evening. When I was at the dealer, the service advisor let me know that if I order through him he can try to get me the car sooner within a week or two. I wasn't too sure if he was just trying to get commission or something but that evening when I placed my order I got a call within a few minutes from that same advisor congradulating me on the purchase. The next morning he followed up to make sure everything was good and I let him know if it was possible to get the car sooner as the app mentioned EDD was between March 27 - 28. He said he'll try to match me with a car that's in transit, which he did end up doing and let me know it'd be ready by March 16th. A few days went by and the app still showed March 27-28 as my EDD...I became skeptical and tried following up with them via email and they would keep telling me that the car is still in transit and they won't be able to confirm until they have it. I was checking my app about 20+ times a day and finally this morning when I woke up I saw the text to schedule my delivery appointment!

Yessir, I went for a test drive on the 4th, ordered it that evening. When I was at the dealer, the service advisor let me know that if I order through him he can try to get me the car sooner within a week or two. I wasn't too sure if he was just trying to get commission or something but that evening when I placed my order I got a call within a few minutes from that same advisor congradulating me on the purchase. The next morning he followed up to make sure everything was good and I let him know if it was possible to get the car sooner as the app mentioned EDD was between March 27 - 28. He said he'll try to match me with a car that's in transit, which he did end up doing and let me know it'd be ready by March 16th. A few days went by and the app still showed March 27-28 as my EDD...I became skeptical and tried following up with them via email and they would keep telling me that the car is still in transit and they won't be able to confirm until they have it. I was checking my app about 20+ times a day and finally this morning when I woke up I saw the text to schedule my delivery appointment!
What the heck, well good for you I guess haha ! Still patiently waiting, thankfully only a few days now... Enjoy your first Tesla !

Reactions: John1801
In case anyone doesn't believe me here
What the heck, well good for you I guess haha ! Still patiently waiting, thankfully only a few days now... Enjoy your first Tesla !
Thank you so much, I've been day dreaming about it since I placed the ordered! Friday can't come any sooner! Any tips or advice on what to do first with the car? Also, what is everyone paying for insurance, I got insane quotes today, nothing less than 230-240 a month. After going back and forth with my current prividor, best they could do was 160 a month.

Also here's proof about me ordering on the 4th in case someone doesn't believe me
1710026192444.png

In case anyone doesn't believe me here

Thank you so much, I've been day dreaming about it since I placed the ordered! Friday can't come any sooner! Any tips or advice on what to do first with the car? Also, what is everyone paying for insurance, I got insane quotes today, nothing less than 230-240 a month. After going back and forth with my current prividor, best they could do was 160 a month.

Also here's proof about me ordering on the 4th in case someone doesn't believe me
View attachment 1026246
My insurance broker told me EV insurance is getting more expensive because of the cost to repair... My insurance (currently with "Intact") is going to go up 20$ to 130$ for this vehicle.

My first tip would be to do a small road trip to get a good feel of the car. Since you are in Laval, maybe a trip to the Supercharger at Mont Tremblant ? Get your billing info setup on your Tesla account and enjoy the ride !

My insurance broker told me EV insurance is getting more expensive because of the cost to repair... My insurance (currently with "Intact") is going to go up 20$ to 130$ for this vehicle.

My first tip would be to do a small road trip to get a good feel of the car. Since you are in Laval, maybe a trip to the Supercharger at Mont Tremblant ? Get your billing info setup on your Tesla account and enjoy the ride !
Thanks for the advice and insurance cost share. My renewal is up in August so will definitely shop around again at that time. As for the trip to Mont Tremblant, great idea :), will definitley consider it!

Reactions: LifeForLife
Congrats! that's a good advisor, they don't get commissions for sales at tesla. My advisor ghosted me after i placed my order 💀

• Funny
Reactions: sethsodyssey
That's a little better than me: $154/month from Desjar
my insurance from SGI will be 125 a month. i didn't think that was that bad tbh
Damn 125 a month that's amazing! Even 154 isn't that bad compared to what I was getting offered from others...i'm Male, 34 with a pretty clean history, driving since I was 20. Even have home insurance paired with them.