Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my Highland late last night (final delivery of the day, just my luck!) it was still coming up as unregistered until this morning on DVLA, and even now is only showing on a couple of comparison sites. But like I'm reading here, we're having to choose between 279 or 302 for the BHP. Admiral need a definitive answer or they say my insurance will be invalid, and won't accept VIN as alternative. Tesla customer service told me they don't "deal with" BHP and then went to investigate but cut me off after 15 minutes on hold. Absolutely desperate to take it for a spin but really struggling to work out what to do!

For M3 Highland SR, I chatted with Tesla livechat previously and they said go for 279

some insurance website don't have 279 or 302, then we need to go with "Model-3", not standard range+

Bit of a thread bump but I’m looking to insure my SR M3 Highland with Admiral. The 279 option looks like the right one to choose but has anyone had anything definitive to confirm this? Maybe a V5 which mentions 279? Admiral don’t know but they have given me the respective ABI (Association of British Insurers) refs. I’ve sent these to Tesla but I’m not hopeful of a reply.

Thanks all.

Bit of a thread bump but I’m looking to insure my SR M3 Highland with Admiral. The 279 option looks like the right one to choose but has anyone had anything definitive to confirm this? Maybe a V5 which mentions 279? Admiral don’t know but they have given me the respective ABI (Association of British Insurers) refs. I’ve sent these to Tesla but I’m not hopeful of a reply.

Thanks all.

If you are unsure thus far on this thread, dont rely on what you are told here. Call Admiral and deal with it over the phone for your peace of mind.

Admiral’s response today was if 279 is the correct car then I’ll be ok. Brilliant! But they couldn’t confirm and referred me to Tesla. Who I know are going to refer me to Admiral.

I can check once the car is registered but Admiral have said it take up to 48 hours for their system and the DVLA’s to update.

I don’t suppose anyone has a 24 Highland SR they can look the reg up on Admiral’s site and see what description it gives? It’s pretty much the first field so no need to go any further.

I don’t suppose anyone has a 24 Highland SR they can look the reg up on Admiral’s site and see what description it gives? It’s pretty much the first field so no need to go any further.
The one on the RSEV video comparing RWD with LR comes up as:
1710337354136.png

which isn't an option when you try and select manually!