Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have got my delivery date for my Model 3 Highland. Got the quote through Compare the Market and the best quote was from Admiral.

Obviously the registration isn't recognised yet and with it being a new face lifted model I just want wanted to check which option I should be selecting?

I ordered a Model 3 Highland RWD. I've added a picture of the options that Admiral are giving me. Is the 279/302 referring to mileage in which case it isn't on there? What should I do? Is it worth a phone call to admiral?..

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 13.10.35.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 13.10.35.png
    241.4 KB · Views: 100
I too ended up going with Admiral, interestingly I didn't have to. choose BHP when selecting from the dropdown for my Long Range. I probably should check before I go to collect it though, just to check my insurance is valid!

Edit: Just checked and I have selected Long Range AWD, but there is an option for Long Range AWD 491.... Talk about making it hard to keep on the right side of the law.

I asked Tesla rather than Admiral, and they told me to use the Former (without the 491) for my Long Range, but I am going to ask Admiral as well, as they're the ones that will try and worm out of a claim in the event of an accident.
On the shipping thread there are now a lot of posts about delivery and collection dates. Have you got a confirmed date and have you now arranged insurance in advance for that day?

Im in West Yorkshire and have a collection date from Manchester for 2nd February.

On the shipping thread there are now a lot of posts about delivery and collection dates. Have you got a confirmed date and have you now arranged insurance in advance for that day?

Im in West Yorkshire and have a collection date from Manchester for 2nd February.
Hi Roger,

Yes I am collecting from NEC on 3rd Feb and have arranged insurance to come into effect from midnight on that day ready for driving it home. You can normally buy a policy for up to 30 days in advance. It's probably worth speaking to the insurer on the phone to ensure the correct Model is selected as, as @SamWhu30 has found, there are multiple options for the Model 3 when selecting the vehicle from a drop down.

Reactions: Roger20

Yeah I have arranged insurance. Had a bit of a nightmare trying to find someone that was switched on enough to understand my question. In the end got through to someone on the phone that told me what version to use so I took her word for it and completed the policy online.

Always good to get it sorted in advance as if you start doing quotes for the next day the price can go up significantly, setting the policy to start for a date in the future is usually cheaper.

Another thought. I've been looking at the comparison sites and also Direct Line. Just wondered if Direct Line are any better cheaper going through the Tesla link.
I wouldn't have thought so as Direct Line are quite big about buying directly through them so not sure they'd do an affiliate link or anything like that but I couldn't try it to find out as they couldn't offer me a quote.

Always good to get it sorted in advance as if you start doing quotes for the next day the price can go up significantly, setting the policy to start for a date in the future is usually
You can always use Cuvva app and get a temporary cover from hours to days to start with - if collecting the car. Once you are back home you can go thro’ options and sort out.

Reactions: Js1977 and SamWhu30
I am also looking to get the insurance for the M3H..

Currently I owned another car but I am going to sell my current car after I take delivery of the M3, so when I am quoting for the insurance, should I put I own 2 car under my names? I can see the price is about 10% more expensive if I put the M3 is the only 1 car that I own..

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation and what you would choose?

Best quote I got was Confused through Topcashback - Hastings. Direct Line site is a bit of a nightmare and wouldn't seem to often complete or hold a quote. Kept increasing each time you reviewed because we hadn't got confirmed registrations or dates. DL even more expensive going through Tesla UK or ringing the call cente.

Best quote I got was Confused through Topcashback - Hastings. Direct Line site is a bit of a nightmare and wouldn't seem to often complete or hold a quote. Kept increasing each time you reviewed because we hadn't got confirmed registrations or dates. DL even more expensive going through Tesla UK or ringing the call cente.
I got similar result, hastings was the lowest at £700 and admiral is at £940, quite a lot cheaper.

But then when I clicked into the hasting website it require the license plate, the website didn't recognize it and I have to give them a call.

Now things got interesting, when I give them all the info they need to do a manual quote for me, and the quote got all the way up to £1400. SMFH...

btw.. There is two options for model 3 RWD: simply just model 3 OR model 3 standard range plus. Tesla told me to go for "model 3"