Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland live now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I am new here so (hope to became a Tesla owner soon) hopefully asking in right subform. I am living in Cyprus and want to buy Highland. Normally we would get it from UK but it seems like it would take forever. I have a planned visit to AU and NZ next year so I wanted to ask if I can preorder from any of these countries and make payment from abroad and go and get & shipped it to Cyprus?. Or may be there are services for these kind of situations?

Besides, don’t all cars have diagonally separate hydraulic brake lines so that if one brake line fails, at least 2 wheels can still brake and stop the car?
No. The diagonally operated brakes ceased when the Prius came out. Toyota had to get the ADR amended to allow the Prius to be sold with its regenerative brakes.

No. The diagonally operated brakes ceased when the Prius came out. Toyota had to get the ADR amended to allow the Prius to be sold with its regenerative brakes.
Not sure what the Prius has anything to do with this…
But, what I meant was: Don’t all cars since the late 60s have dual circuit braking systems? Obviously anti-lock brakes add on to this with 3 or 4 channel sensors/actuators. And regenerative braking systems add even more complexity. But, some sort of redundancy is still required (in the U.S., at least).

Reactions: T3SL4A
Stalks removed, USS sensors removed , no taillights when the trunk is up (dangerous at night) and call these improvements... I need more shots of Tequila to get me convinced.
Did you know that the tail lights and indicators transfer to below the tailgate when it is lifted? If you watch the reviews you can see them come on when the boot is opened. They are located in the red reflector looking things on the rear bumper

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 10.42.16.png

Reactions: Jules22
Yeah, the 'no tail lights' is false, stalks, meh, I don't really care, USS is the only one that I'll potentially miss a bit, but I'm sure they'll get the software to a point where I won't really notice after a while.
And there is plenty of new good things like ventilated seats, double glazing all round, LFP batteries, rear display, etc etc etc. I guess we will find out about USS, as long as whatever technology that is in there does what it is supposed to do, I don’t really care and probably wouldn’t know anyway.
I think auto park would be nice but pretty sure I’ll get over it haha

Reactions: Jules22
It still has a steering wheel. Must talk to Elon about that....

Re no taillights at night when tailgate lifted up
Just leave it down in the normal place. There are reflectors lower down so for the short time its up I don't think its a problem. I think Hazard blinkers are still visible with tailgate up.

Reactions: dronus
It still has a steering wheel. Must talk to Elon about that....

Re no taillights at night when tailgate lifted up
Just leave it down in the normal place. There are reflectors lower down so for the short time its up I don't think its a problem. I think Hazard blinkers are still visible with tailgate up.
Yeah the reflectors on the lower bumper have tail lights and indicators in them which come on as the tail gate opens. They do look a little small but would have to meet some kind of regulations I’m guessing :)

There are lots of worthwhile improvements…
The double pane rear windows is nice; less noise, and it’s makes it a little harder for all those criminals with their pants hanging off their backside to break in. Is there any confirmation that the little rear triangle glass is double pane?
Rear screen is nice, but not a huge deal for those without kids (or Ubering).
More efficiency is nice; no battery/motor changes is probably a good thing; less things changing regarding reliability, etc.
Improved suspension is nice; improved front climate split is nice.
The ventilated seats are a HUGE plus.
The rear taillight change really is an improvement.
No USS is not really a highland change.
No turn signal stalk really is a non-issue. But, the missing shifter stalk is the big pain… In and out of parking spots, I never have to take my eyes off the cars around me, just a flick of the finger by feel. Now, you really need to do a complete stop, look down at the screen, position your finger just right, and swipe it just right. WAY too slow and inefficient and less safe!

The double pane rear windows is nice; less noise, and it’s makes it a little harder for all those criminals with their pants hanging off their backside to break in. Is there any confirmation that the little rear triangle glass is double pane?
More efficiency is nice; no battery/motor changes is probably a good thing; less things changing regarding reliability, etc.
No turn signal stalk really is a non-issue. But, the missing shifter stalk is the big pain… In and out of parking spots, I never have to take my eyes off the cars around me, just a flick of the finger by feel. Now, you really need to do a complete stop, look down at the screen, position your finger just right, and swipe it just right. WAY too slow and inefficient and less safe!

Of all those cosmetics changes or improvments, what future buyer will mostly compare will be price and range with others EV,
such as KIA or Volvo, which have a hatchback and in Europe or China use the same charging plug
and very soon in US will also use the same charging plug

It will be interesting to dig around in the settings when we get them to see if you can restrict the functions available to the rear screen (ie to climate control) or disable it. I’m guessing that would be popular with Uber drivers or parents who don’t want the front passenger seat moving ! If not, software updates could maybe address it down the track?
With reverse park they could easily overcome it now by adding auto park to the autopilot feature set for free ;)

Reactions: zoomer0056