Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1714442829194.png

Another photo of white exterior. Love how the black accents pop on the P. I also keep going back and forth between white and ultra red 🤔

Yep, white is the best color when you want to see all the fine details/body lines of the vehicle and get that contrast (pop).
I was back-n-forth between white and Ultra Red. However, since my current M3P is white, I decided to go with Ultra Red to switch things up. Still love the contrast/pop that white produces, though…
Yeah I had my previous M3LR wrapped in a satin pearl white and it was fantastic. The only drawback with white is the rock chips are really noticeable because of the color of the primer underneath. This wouldn't be an issue though if one were to have ppf on it!

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Anyone speak German! Nein! Nein! Nein! Check out video at 12:25.

Interesting, at about the 14:45 mark, Lars (the VP of vehicle engineering at Tesla) discusses how the pirelli summer tires were specifically designed for the M3P, and that switching to non-Tesla, regular summer tires can potentially impact range by 10% (he quotes that he's guessing), but he sounded more certain when he cited a loss of 5-7% in lateral grip.

So for those of us looking to downsize in wheel and tire size, our only option (at least for now) would be to hopefully access the tires that come standard on MIC M3P since those come with 19s.

Lars (the VP of vehicle engineering at Tesla) discusses how the pirelli summer tires were specifically designed for the M3P, and that switching to non-Tesla, regular summer tires can potentially impact range by 10% (he quotes that he's guessing), but he sounded more certain when he cited a loss of 5-7% in lateral grip.
The Pirelli tyres have an EU tyre label rating C for rolling resistance, which is very good. As a yardstick, a regular Michelin PS4S is D rated and the T0 version E rated. Range can very easily be reduced by 10%.

Tesla fit Hankook iON EVO to the optional 19" wheels on the LR. These are B rated and also available in 20". Will be interesting to see what the 19" P tyres are, probably Pirelli.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Interesting, at about the 14:45 mark, Lars (the VP of vehicle engineering at Tesla) discusses how the pirelli summer tires were specifically designed for the M3P, and that switching to non-Tesla, regular summer tires can potentially impact range by 10% (he quotes that he's guessing), but he sounded more certain when he cited a loss of 5-7% in lateral grip.

So for those of us looking to downsize in wheel and tire size, our only option (at least for now) would be to hopefully access the tires that come standard on MIC M3P since those come with 19s.
I will have a set of 18” wheels with the ultra efficient Hankook iON EVO AS tires and another set of the same tires in the 20” size to test against the stock 20” Pirelli PZ4 tires when I get my car.

I really want to use the factory Pirelli tires as track tires and the Hankook tires as my everyday tires. I am curious to see how the Pirelli tires hold up to the Hankook tires for efficiency.