Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 in Tesla raffle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! Thank you all so much for your support!!!

It's no secret we had an in-person launch event this past Saturday, right? Maybe you'll like this pic:

2017-04-15 17CPAR Launch - Breslow, Bensen, Zimmerman.JPG

Center: Representative Jennifer Bensen (37th Middlesex), sponsor of H.1726, "An Act to promote green infrastructure, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and create jobs". Essentially, a revenue-positive carbon fee plan; some money is used for a Green Infrastructure Fund.

Left & Right: Marc Breslow and Zaurie Zimmerman, of Climate XChange.

Setting: the official 2017 Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle launch event, at Aeronaut Brewing, Somerville, MA.

And what the heck, one more:

Berger, Breslow.JPG

The guy on the right you already know: Marc Breslow, the CXC Research and Policy Director. The guy on the left is Brendan Berger, Communication Director for Senator Mike Barrett (Third Middlesex), sponsor of S.1821, "An Act Combating Climate Change". Essentially, revenue-neutral carbon fee-and-dividend. The money raised is sent to the people and businesses of MA.

These bills have both been referred to the same committee, Telecommunications, Utilities and Energy (TUE), where the likely next step is that a "committee bill" will be developed that supersedes and incorporates elements of both of these bills. A "committee bill" is more likely to be reported out of the committee for a floor vote. Sen. Barrett is the new chairman of... drumroll... the TUE committee. :)

And I thought software development was hard. :-(

Most important, where do these people fare on a Model 3 / Tesla scale:
Brendan - wants a Model 3 but can't buy a raffle ticket. Sad!
Marc - still amazed that this raffle thing can generate so much attention and dollars for the effort. :) Can't buy a raffle ticket, though! CXC rules forbid.
Zaurie - a BMW girl from way back! She wants a Model 3. Tried to talk her husband into an S, no go yet. Can't buy a raffle ticket! Doesn't matter that she's not involved in the raffle, she's on the CXC board, so no soup for her.
Rep Bensen - didn't get a chance to talk to her to find out how many Model 3s she wants.

Alan

P.S. If you look over Marc Breslow's shoulder in the first picture -- his right shoulder, but the left side of the photo -- towards the back, there's a tall, serious-looking, handsome man in a blue shirt talking to someone unseen. That tall, handsome, blue-shirted man? That's not me.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Oh boy... I just went to tesla.com to price out an S -- concerned about recent pricing changes that were advertised as a little bit less expensive on the low end and a little bit more expensive on the high end.

I config'd a 100D with every option turned on (all of them!), the most expensive paint (multi-coat red), the most expensive interior... the only thing I couldn't fit in was upgrading the wheels(*). Total: $118,800, *including* doc & delivery fee. I am beside myself with joy! With CXC paying for the federal income tax on the Grand Prize, that means $1200 cash out to the Winner to use towards state taxes or, well, whatever. Tesla clothing? Tint? Xpel? Optic-Coat?

Yes, yes, twisting arm to pat self on back. :)

Alan

(*)Dammit! Shoulda gone $125K! Grrrr. But very glad pricing changes weren't more dramatic.

Oh boy... I just went to tesla.com to price out an S -- concerned about recent pricing changes that were advertised as a little bit less expensive on the low end and a little bit more expensive on the high end.

I config'd a 100D with every option turned on (all of them!), the most expensive paint (multi-coat red), the most expensive interior... the only thing I couldn't fit in was upgrading the wheels(*). Total: $118,800, *including* doc & delivery fee. I am beside myself with joy! With CXC paying for the federal income tax on the Grand Prize, that means $1200 cash out to the Winner to use towards state taxes or, well, whatever. Tesla clothing? Tint? Xpel? Optic-Coat?

Yes, yes, twisting arm to pat self on back. :)

Alan

(*)Dammit! Shoulda gone $125K! Grrrr. But very glad pricing changes weren't more dramatic.
how about adding the child seats at the back/rear-how much more $?

how about adding the child seats at the back/rear-how much more $?

Hi @tashtibet,

Looks like the child seats are $4K. I think back when in '13 when I bought them with my P85+ they were $3K or $3500. Tesla is always playing with those prices. My kids loved them! Some thoughts, though, from experience:

• Kid height is the issue more than kid age. Maybe also kid weight. The key is that the kid's head shouldn't impact the frame of the hatch if you have any kind of collision. The multi-point safety harness, when strapped reasonably firmly across the kid, will hold the kid solidly in place.
  • Be prepared to get some extra tint on your hatch's glass. It's easy to heat up in there -- it's the single biggest complaint I've heard. Some people go to the extent of wiring up a portable fan or two mini-fans, and after having the seats for three years, I think if I did it over again, I'd go for the extra fans. (These are third-party, Tesla doesn't sell them.)
  • It's hard to hear the kids when they're back there. I think that this is a MAJOR PLUS. There are other parents who would more-or-less respectfully disagree. Some people even install a little microphone or walkie-talkie or whatever. Personally, I'd recommend installing more sound-proofing.
  • I'm told other parents rig out that kid seat area with games, iPads, and so on. Personally, I think kids need to learn how to handle boredom.
  • Kids adore these seats! To the point that there can be major squabbles over who gets to sit there.
  • There are occasional stories of police being called to investigate kids-in-a-trunk. I am so lucky that never happened with my kids, because they'd immediately deny knowing me, waving merrily as I was carted off screaming all the way to the pokey.
I now own a Dec '16 P100D, without rear kid seats, so I'm saving some $$$ and some weight. My kids are too big. And yet simultaneously somehow too small and fragile to go earn the family some money working in a local salt mine. Sheesh.

Alan

Apologies to all: I must correct my previous post re pricing change impact. I forgot that the other shoe to drop is that Tesla will increase S100D pricing by $5K on April 24. So while the Raffle Grand Prize remains unchanged, will be awarded July 4, available from Day One / Ticket One, etc., etc., I was wrong to say/imply in a recent post in this thread that you can still max out the S100D with pretty much every option. With the $5K increase coming up, it's looking to me like an S100D will probably max out around $125K. So you'll still be able to configure a mighty fine S100D, but you won't be able to get EVERY goody. Of course, if you wish, you can kick in cash of your own (even to the point of configuring a P100D if you want to.)

Anyway: apologies for any confusion I spread.

Alan

Reactions: MP3Mike