Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 in Tesla raffle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you. I checked backwards to see if it was mentioned but I missed it.

We are past 1500 as of yesterday. I would really like to see us sell out all 2500 - the more successful, the more likely we will run another raffle in future. This is actually a lot of time and effort to put together, so it's not worth it if only moderately successful. So thanks in advance for buying more tickets, and informing friends, relatives, coworkers, random people on the street, etc. about the raffle and encouraging them to buy tickets!
-Peter

Are you able to tell us how many tickets have been purchased so far? If so, how many tickets have been purchased so far?

By the awesome power invested in me by the Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle, I am indeed able to tell you how many tickets have been purchased so far.

And, to answer your second question, the number it is 1530. Neither shall it be more than 1530 nor shall it have a size smaller than 1530. At least, at this moment.

If you are curious about this sort of thing, please feel free to visit our family-friendly website at climatexchangeraffle.org or carbonraffle.org and scroll down to the bottom of the front page, where you will find the patent-pending Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle-ometer, which will reveal to you in real time -- as opposed, I suppose, to unreal time! -- the current ticket sales count. It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 5.48.45 PM.png

Through highly-proprietary, long-sought technology (patents pending, to be enforced in the Eastern District of Texas), which we refer to as our "secret sauce", we can make this amazing image available to you, to "embed" on your very own website!

:)

Alan

@PeterK Where, in terms of # of tickets sold, is the line between moderately successful and 'worth it'?

Hi, @Jason Bourne,

Apologies for not noticing your question sooner.

That's a question that we ask ourselves all the time. Let's begin with cost structure.

The typical car raffle uses an attractive car that costs more than an average new vehicle but is still somewhat "modest". An example would be a Mercedes C-series vehicle. The car is usually (always?) a base model vehicle, i.e., does not come with many or even any options. The car is usually (always?) donated by an automobile dealership, which in return receives (1) favorable publicity, (2) a substantial tax write-off, (3) counts the donation towards "community engagement" or "community support", a citation that comes up frequently when attacking Tesla and (4) may be able to use marketing or other budget allocations that account for the vehicle cost differently than a normal sale.

Typically, the car is provided "as is" to the winner. The winner may have the option to negotiate with the dealer to have the prize replaced with a comparable vehicle but more suited to the winner's taste, e.g., vehicle color, upholstery and other options. The winner may or may not be able to add additional funds to "kick up" the car. I have never heard of the winner being able to configure a less expensive vehicle and take the difference out as cash.

Also, typically, the raffle does not pay any of the winner's taxes. But as these are usually $50K-$60K cars, the winner's up-front IRS-mandated withholding tax is "only" 25% of that figure, so $12,500-$15,000 up front. Some raffles permit the Grand Prize winner to take cash instead of the car, and that's what a lot of the winners do because, surprise!, a LOT of people don't have $12.5K-$15K lying around to pre-pay the federal income tax payment.

The typical car raffle only offers one prize, the Grand Prize, i.e., the car.

Everything I just wrote above explains why for a typical car raffle, what might otherwise be their biggest expense -- the Grand Prize -- may not be much of an expense at all. The raffle may -- probably does -- have additional expenses, such as legal, accounting, auditing, advertising and marketing; but these expenses should be less (at least per-category) than what the Prize would have cost. So the typical car raffle can retain a higher percentage of its gross ticket sales when finally computing the net.

Some of this may sound a little, well, unfriendly towards the Grand Prize Winner. That's a matter of opinion. I think many people would argue, well, the Grand Prize winner is better off than s/he was before, spent $x on a ticket and won a prize worth $y. If the winner can't "afford" the taxes, well, the winner can take the cash equivalent -- from which the taxes will be deducted by the raffle sponsoring organization -- and settle for 75%, which is still more than the winner had in the first place.

In my opinion, to be blunt, that sucks. Almost no one purchases a raffle ticket thinking that they are in it to win the Grand Prize and split it as a cash award with the federal government taking the other piece. I also don't like the prize being a base model vehicle, because in real life when you struggle to buy a car you almost always find a way to stick in a few things that make the car more comfortable or more personal. In our case, we chose Tesla vehicles deliberately because they align with our carbon pricing mission... but also because they are just plain awesome cars, no matter how they are powered! Moreover, we want the car to bring pleasure to the winner every single second s/he is in that vehicle. Because it's a Tesla, we can take advantage of the build-to-order system, so the car that will be built will be exactly what the winner wants. We put a LOT of money into the Grand Prize so that the Winner can pick a ton of different options. We make it flexible so that the Winner can configure a less expensive vehicle (but still way more than the base vehicle) and take the difference out as cash... or put more money in to configure an even more amazing car. And -- and obviously I'm biased -- I think this is crucial: we pay the federal income tax payment. Such a simple thing to say but it adds cost and complexity **for us** in return for **simplicity and ease** for the Winner. We have to pay 33.33% instead of 25% because we have to pay taxes on the gift of paying the taxes for the winner. So in our case, we're talking $120K toward the car and another 33.33%, $40K, to the feds. It's a big f'in prize.

And then, as you well know from this long thread, there are the 2nd and 3rd prizes where we put in reservations, cash, and federal tax payments towards Model 3s. And 4th, 5th and 6th prizes, all cash.

If all those prizes were donated then we, too, would find it easy to net cash hand over fist to put into our operational mission. But they are NOT donated. Tesla does NOT donate vehicles. I've been pestering them about this for two years now, and they have proven it very easy to shrug off my pesters. :) They've got a lot to do in their mission to electrify transport and that does NOT include sponsoring outside organizations, no matter how well-intentioned, and donating vehicles. I understand. I get it. I've been a business-like guy in the past. I'd probably do exactly the same thing if I were in their shoes. But bottom line is this: Climate Xchange pays for the entire prize pool out of the funds raised by the raffle.

In fact, in the last raffle, when I wrote the raffle rules under the firm hand of our attorney, I included provisions to do a cash-only raffle if CXC only sold a few hundred tickets. I didn't really think we'd need to fall back on such rules because I couldn't imagine how we could sell only a few hundred tickets. But I also used to be an engineer-like guy, and I was paid to consider and prevent corner cases, so that's what I did then. But those rules sucked because they made the raffle more complicated and made some people afraid to purchase a ticket because maybe it would only be a cash raffle. So we eliminated all those rules this time around and just made the full prize set available from ticket #1 onwards. We took the risk.

We mitigated the risk to some extent by running a pre-raffle fundraiser among the Board and friends, raising cash towards the cost of the prize pool. You can actually see our discussion of that on the website, under Raffle Details / 2017.

Now you can see that for us the single biggest expense is the prize pool. And then, on top of that, we have the expenses that I mentioned above that any raffle would have.

For us, then, we have to sell a lot of tickets to cover all the prizes and expenses. And THEN the tickets we sell start paying for our mission. So that's why when you look at our ticket speedometer, we've cleverly colored ranges of the speedometer red, yellow and green. When you look at the green range, that's where we start saying to ourselves, whew!, OK, this is where we planned to be. Looks like we can start feeding the interns again (but only PB&J, no steak).

But there's ANOTHER, equally important or maybe more important way in which we assess the raffle. And that's on the basis of its messaging impact. We have learned the hard way that it's very, very difficult to get people to pay attention to any issue... much less carbon emissions and carbon pricing. That's why we ultimately decided we had to make the name of the raffle all about the issue itself. You'll see Carbon Raffle, carbonraffle.org, Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle, etc., much more frequently than you'll see our name, Climate XChange. Yes, we think we need attention for Climate XChange. But at the end of the day, which is more important? Planting the seed "Carbon Pricing" in someone's brain, or planting the seed "Climate XChange"?

And everything we do for this raffle does double-duty for carbon pricing. Prizes? MUST align with the mission. Marketing and advertising? MUST align with the mission. Decision making? MUST align with these principles (written back in July, 2015 and subsequently updated for the current legislation):

Raffle Guiding Principles (descending priority order)
1. Enhance awareness of Carbon Pricing
2. Educate people about the existence and purpose of relevant MA legislation
Sen. Mike Barrett + 79 co-sponsors: see SD 1021, An Act Combating Climate Change
Rep. Jennifer Bensen + 58 co-sponsors: HD 1504, An Act [to] Reduce GHG Emissions
State-level win => Example for Other States => Need for Congress to Act!
3. Make people aware of Climate XChange
4. Raise money​

Here's an example. Jessica, my wife, CXC co-founder, is currently attending the annual Citizens Climate Lobby (CCL) summit in Washington, DC. CCL has 50,000+ members and focuses on national legislation (Jessica sits on their board). Today, they are lobbying Congress. Well... Jessica has a dual-track strategy: CCL for national engagement and Climate XChange for the state-by-state effort. And guess what? CCL, despite her board seat, generally is unengaged in the state-by-state fight. So Jessica parked our red P100D in front of the hotel, decked out with Climate XChange Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle decals on the doors and rear bumper, and handed out quarter-sheet raffle postcards to anyone who wanted one. It was like flies to honey! She and Michael Green, CXC's Executive Director, have handed out hundreds of these postcards. I think we'll sell a few more tickets as a result, 10-20 maybe. CCL members re a lot more oriented towards Nissan Leafs and almost feel ashamed to lust after Teslas. But now hundreds of CCL members will learn about the state-by-state plan and the progress in Massachusetts. Some of them will go back to their states and sign up for a state-level effort of their own (Climate XChange coordinates a State Carbon Pricing Network). So how do we evaluate THIS example for its benefit in terms of ticket sales? 10-20 tickets are good, obviously. But if I compare that to the effort to, say, sell tickets via FaceBook, well, FB is cheaper and reaches more people. Yet, in this case, those hundreds of *postcards* went to motivated people who are actively LOOKING for ways to contribute. So in my estimation, what Jessica and Michael just did was a brilliant move and could ONLY have happened because they had the raffle to put in front of people to attract them.

@PeterK is absolutely correct: this is a LOT of work and it matters a great deal to us how many tickets we sell and how much funds we raise for the mission. And your question exposes the complexity of how we evaluate the result because it turns out that the raffle has a messaging component that is every bit as important or more so than the fundraising component. We are fortunate because these two objectives are almost always complementary for the Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle.

In closing, I haven't given you a number. But that's not because I'm playing coy. It's because I don't have an exact number to give you or even an exact number to conceal from you.(*) :) The raffle isn't just a fundraiser and we don't evaluate it that way. It's really simplistic but I guess what I'd say right now, with three weeks left, at 1530 tickets sold so far, is that we really need to sell the remaining 970. All the prizes and expenses are covered and we're starting to net funds for the mission. (Keeping in mind that we also regard a lot of the raffle expenses as furthering the messaging part of the mission!) In the process of doing so, like bees drinking nectar to live and carrying pollen as a benefit to the flowers they sup from, we will inevitably make more noise about carbon pricing, about the legislation in Massachusetts, about the hearing day in front of the TUE committee coming up on June 20, and so on. It's hard for me to see any downside to this.(**)

Aren't you glad that I'm rushed for time and had to settle for giving you the short answer? :)

Thanks,
Alan

(**)Feel free to ask me again on July 5, when we can look at this in hindsight.

(*)Please, Internet, do not take that sentence as a challenge. I'm sure that someone, somewhere can figure out some way to look at this as if it's from the Dark Side.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
@Pollux
Thank you so much for your answer. It is undoubtedly more complex than I was thinking at the time I wrote the question and each of the areas of value describe are equally valuable.

Through the magic of the Internet, voice-tone and inflection are stripped from our writings so I can't tell if you took my question with any type of snark or attitude. It certainly was not intended that way. But @PeterK 's phrase stuck out to me so I thought I'd ask.

@Pollux
Thank you so much for your answer. It is undoubtedly more complex than I was thinking at the time I wrote the question and each of the areas of value describe are equally valuable.

Through the magic of the Internet, voice-tone and inflection are stripped from our writings so I can't tell if you took my question with any type of snark or attitude. It certainly was not intended that way. But @PeterK 's phrase stuck out to me so I thought I'd ask.

Oh no, no snark! I thought I saw an honest question. Indeed, one of my motivations for my lengthy replies is when I think either (1) this is an honest question and likely others will have this question as well or (2) this person is being icky but there's a nugget here that's worth exploring. And I've found to my pleased surprise that frequently people falling into category (2) are quite happy to have their question or comment treated seriously and often then respond more positively.

I guess I think of you and others who ask questions as spokespeople for a larger community of folks, and that through you I'm also addressing them.

I probably should adopt the same attitude when commenting in other, non-raffle threads, which might make me think twice before posting some of my stupider comments.

Alan

@PeterK Where, in terms of # of tickets sold, is the line between moderately successful and 'worth it'?

What he said. :) And that wasn't snark, that was Alan's thoroughness. :)

Sorry I didn't get on TMC yesterday to reply - we were busy lobbying for the carbon pricing bills at the Massachusetts State House. And there happened to be a small demonstration out front related to another climate bill, for Massachusetts to formally join the Paris Agreement.

IMG_8252.jpg

OK folks, we're getting down to crunch time. It's two weeks until the drawing and ticket sales deadline, and we've still got over 800 tickets to sell. Climate XChange's efforts are moving things forward, to wit, a public hearing on the two carbon pricing bills at the state house this afternoon. 800 tickets is an additional $200,000 to fund additional studies, organize additional hearings and briefings for legislators, and to continue and expand the State Carbon Pricing Network that is supporting and sharing information with similar efforts in 17 other states.

Please consider buying another ticket, or share the website on Facebook, Twitter, your favorite social media, email, megaphone, whatever. This is the final stretch and we very much appreciate your support.
-Peter

Climate XChange Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle

Partial report on hearing from ~2 pm today, hearing had been underway for 1 hour at that point. The text below is from an email I sent then.

==========

Here’s how the hearing is going so far. IT’S GOING WELL!

Don’t worry, I’m not going to live-tweet this thing. :) But this is some info from about 12:30-1:50 p.m. I may torture you with one more of these updates tonight or tomorrow morning.
There is a live cast from the State House, Gardner Auditorium:
Nervousness @ 12:30. Jessica is there to take these pix:

IMG_2577.jpg

519669038.jpg

Jeff Manning texts at 12:40:
It is like North Korea in statehouse, no posters no nothing, almost had military guy force people to take stickers off if I didn't take it off my forehead and on my shirt made great poster too, will put it on social media !!!!!!​

Jessica reports:
Arrived early for the 1 o'clock hearing at the Boston Statehouse! The room is starting to fill! They could not fit the crowd into the former hearing room. I hope this one is packed to the rafters!​

By roughly 1 pm:
[Jeff Manning]
51967272856__7E2D1BBF-E123-460D-8423-8E4EFFE34BF1.jpg

[Jessica]
IMG_2590.jpg

Jessica texts:
Every seat full up through the gallery!​

We’re sure that the crowd is over 300 — we had 300 or more last time, with the smaller hearing room and people overflowing — and now we are filling the Gardner Auditorium. I found a reference online that said that Gardner Auditorium could be “setup for 600”. But I don’t know if that’s the seat count in the configuration that we are seeing in these pictures.

Jeff Manning reported:
Gotta be over 300, many people with carbon stickers on too !!!!​
and then said:
Young member of govt spoke and brought the house down with GREAT applause !!!!!!!!​

[Manning]
51967463580__2EF0A07D-E0C9-4393-91E9-32312947D4BB.jpg

It even looks to me as if more legislators are attending on the dais this year than in Oct ’15. Could just be a temporary illusion. :)

Last pic, from J: Barrett is co-chair of this committee (Senate side), and sponsor of S.1821, our favorite carbon-pricing bill that rebates all the money raised from carbon fees back to the households and businesses of MA. The guy next to him is the House co-chair.
IMG_2585.jpg

We are having an impact today!!
Best regards,
Alan

=== old email below that started this thread ===
Folks,
Even those of you who don’t live in Massachusetts, or are too busy, or are prevented by your corporate role from speaking out publicly — you can still help, that's why I included you, so please read on! I know that every single one of you is a busy person, so I’ve tried to keep this email brief (at least for me) and not waste your time. This is a hand-crafted, artisanal email — no robo mail here! One email, with a lot of people on the bcc line. This email is suitable for forwarding. Your reward for reading through to the end of the email is… pictures.
I’ve known some of you 30+ years and others I’ve met recently or briefly. Collectively, we span a range of professions and passions: medicine, engineering, law, accounting, government, business, services, venture capital, environmental care, electric vehicles / Teslas / car stuff. I think we all share at least this objective: reduce carbon emissions; slow global warming; leave a better environment for the next generation. One way to help get there is to put a price on carbon emissions so we harness the forces of the free market to generate solutions.
We are moving faster at the state level than at the national level!(*) Climate XChange, co-founded by my wife, Jessica, and operating under Michael Green, Executive Director, has been pushing hard for carbon pricing right here in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, since 2013. There are now two carbon fee-and-dividend bills in front of the Telecommunications, Utilities and Energy (TUE) joint committee of the Massachusetts legislature. Both bills rebate the money raised from a carbon fee back to the households and businesses of Massachusetts, especially to reduce the impact on lower-income families. The primary difference is that one of the bills sets aside 20% of the money raised for carbon impact mitigation projects. Economic modeling conducted by Regional Economic Models, Inc. (REMI) and the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) indicate that these carbon pricing plans result in net job creation for the Commonwealth as well as significant reduction in carbon emissions. Setting an example in Massachusetts will influence other states and ultimately the national direction.
The bills, S.1821 and H.1726, were drafted with input from Climate XChange(**). When combined by the TUE committee, the resulting “committee bill” will be suitable for a floor vote later this session. In two weeks, June 20, the TUE committee will hold a public hearing on these two bills, which is the public’s primary chance to demonstrate highly-visible support. At a time when so much progress is stalled or even being reversed at the national level, we can make a huge, positive difference in Massachusetts.
Here’s what I’m asking of you. Please:
  • Tell others! Tell your family, your friends, your colleagues
    • All of you have connections in Massachusetts - please reach out to them!
  • Attend the committee hearing to show your support for carbon pricing!
    • You can sign up to testify which would be incredibly valuable but if so you’d better arrive early
    • You can attend even if you don’t reside in Massachusetts
    • Jessica will be there — please say “hi” to her!
      • Horribly ironic - I’ll be stuck at home. :-(
    • When: Tuesday, June 20 @ 1 PM
    • Where: Massachusetts State House, Room 437
      • 24 Beacon Street, Boston, MA
    • RSVP: http://bit.ly/2qHYl3w
      • You can show up without RSVP’ing but we’d appreciate knowing you’re planning to attend
If you wish to provide written testimony in advance of your attendance or in place of your attendance, please email it to all of the following people:
[email protected], [email protected], and cc to [email protected], [email protected]
  • Senator Barrett co-chair, Telecommunications, Utilities & Energy
  • Representative Golden co-chairs Telecommunications, Utilities & Energy
  • cc: Michael Green, Executive Director, Climate XChange
  • cc: Alan Langerman, interested party
Please, if you can find a way to take a bit of time off work, reschedule clients, customers or other commitments, etc., please go to this hearing and make a big joyful noise! Get others to go! A jam-packed, overflowing, people-hanging-off-the-balconies kind of thing is VERY IMPORTANT to show popular support for the bill! Don’t forget that the oil and gas guys are gonna be there along with the auto dealers and other forces of “balance”. The only way we get this legislation enacted is if people show up for it!!
Finally, there are two other important dates in June that might be of interest to you if you are a Massachusetts resident. These dates are all about meeting individually with legislators to share your opinions with them up close and personal. This option takes the most time but has unique effectiveness. Legislators know that it’s a big deal when someone takes the time to come meet with them personally. These dates are separate from the Bill Hearing on June 20 in front of the Telecommunications, Utilities and Energy joint committee. To engage individually with your legislators:
  • Saturday, June 10, 10-3: Grassroots Summit
    • Learn how to talk to your legislators in preparation for Lobby Day
    • RSVP: Jamie Garuti, Communications Director, Climate XChange, [email protected]
    • Elliot Church, 474 Center Street, Newton
  • Tuesday, June 13, 9 am onwards: Lobby Day
    • Meet face-to-face with your legislators to tell them you want a price on carbon
    • RSVP: http://bit.ly/2sJRTdL
    • CXC Headquarters, Old West Church, 131 Cambridge Street, Boston
Thank you for reading all this!!
Alan
——
(*)It’s pretty clear there won’t be anything useful happening at the national level for a while; worse, we’re going backwards. But we can’t give up at the national level and we aren’t — that’s Citizens Climate Lobby, with 50 thousand plus members, persistently lobbying Congress year after year and growing like topsy. Jessica is pursuing a dual-track strategy: national engagement in parallel with state-by-state. (Disclosure: Jessica sits on the CCL Board.)
(**)Climate XChange's policy director, Marc Breslow, an economist, designed S.1821, which was then drafted by Sen Barrett’s counsel. Marc wrote H.1726.
——
Attachment 1: a hearing from October, 2015. Senators & representatives on the dais, people testifying at the table, people lined up waiting to testify, bodies strewn everywhere, standing room only. A ton of people standing outside in the hallway. Center foreground, 11-year old John Langerman in a purple shirt. The lady on his left is his reading tutor. The committee spent ~15 minutes on a dozen other bills and 3 hours, 45 minutes on Barrett’s carbon fee-and-dividend bill. Enacting legislation isn’t easy.

cid:20D34848-4974-4684-B096-E0216C5DD89E@fios-router.home

Attachment 2: October, 2015 hearing. Jessica Langerman (holding papers) and Bonnie Widdoes (facing away from camera) from Climate XChange testify on the carbon fee-and-dividend bill.

cid:4835C112-A0AF-462D-99E8-EE6780BBD7C4@fios-router.home

Attachment 3: Representative Jennifer Bensen, sponsor of one of the two carbon pricing bills being considered in the June 20 hearing, drops by a Climate XChange event in April, 2017 (left to right - Marc Breslow, CXC Policy Director, Rep Bensen, CXC Board member Zaurie Zimmerman):

cid:BB80E37D-1DF8-409B-93AA-AC5844692F4B@fios-router.home

Attachment 4: “breaking” notice from Climate XChange of upcoming Bill Hearing:

" title="BREAKING_ Carbon Pricing Hearing date announced.eml" role="img" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;">

——
Last, and definitely least for today’s purposes, CXC is in the middle of its Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle fundraiser. Three Tesla prizes (but we are not affiliated with or sponsored by Tesla), including Grand Prize sedan or SUV which including the federal tax payment we make on the winner’s behalf totals $160K in value. The best car in the world! We use the eye-catching raffle to publicize carbon pricing and the effort in Massachusetts, plus raise money for the effort. If you click through to the web site, scroll down a little for a funny video we made to get attention for carbon pricing and the raffle. (Disclosure: I’m heavily involved in this thing.)
2017 Climate XChange Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle (click here)

cid:716EF60E-BC1B-4C44-BE26-F0522E4AF613@fios-router.home

Attachments

• 519670437.jpg
    519670437.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2579.JPG.jpg
    IMG_2579.JPG.jpg
    1,015.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2587.JPG.jpg
    IMG_2587.JPG.jpg
    557 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2589.jpg
    IMG_2589.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: PeterK
47 tickets left. 2nd and 3rd prizes include those early Model 3 reservations, $1K deposit, $10K (2nd) / $5K (3rd) cash, federal income tax withholding payment. Grand Prize? Well... tune into carbonraffle.org if you don't know yet. :)

While the last date and time for Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle ticket sales is nominally Tuesday, July 4th @ 2 pm ET, it looks like we're going to sell out before that. Ticket sales close once we reach 2500.

Drawing is Tuesday, July 4th @ 7:30 p.m. BBQ starts at 5:30 p.m. Please RSVP through the website, carbonraffle.org. I hope whoever wins Grand Prize, 2nd and 3rd will each give me a ride in their cars. :) Doesn't matter that I have my own, I still love getting rides!

Thanks,
Alan

Reactions: boaterva and Post
Sold out. Thank you! As in, Thank You, TMC!

Happy to see the recent comments in this thread, sorry I'm too tired to respond in detail. But @jlv1, hope this answers your question.

Drawing is tonight @ 7:30. BBQ @ 5:30. After the drawing, you could walk down to the Esplanade and enjoy the fireworks and listen to the Boston Pops! Please RSVP on the website (carbonraffle.org) if you plan to attend. We *will* be checking a list at the entrance. Admission is free. You do NOT have to be a raffle ticket holder to RSVP and attend. Families welcome!

Alan