Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Ingress/Egress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for owners particularly

How easy is the ingress/egress process into the model 3, particularly as it relates to the height of the seat and the amount of bending (strain on back) involved. Is it easier or harder than the S with next gen seats? Is the height of the seat any different from the S?

Ingress/egress is a fair bit easier than in the S. I don't have next-gen seats in my S but, it's the low-slung seating in the S that takes more effort to get into. With the 3, the seating position is higher and there's oodles of headroom; coupled with Easy Entry, it's very easy to get in and out of.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Tall S owner comparison to Model 3:

I myself have only been in an S once, and found it harder to get into and out of than the Model 3. Not to mention the S inward sloping roofline is somewhat claustrophobic for me.

I have both a 3 and a S. I'm 6' tall... the 3 is easier for sure. My S takes a good bit more contortions to get into.

I took a tape measure to the 3 the first night we got home because the differences in door opening dimensions were noticeable. The smaller dash, smaller steering wheel, smaller seat bolsters, and larger door openings all contribute.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl and GSP
Question for owners particularly

How easy is the ingress/egress process into the model 3, particularly as it relates to the height of the seat and the amount of bending (strain on back) involved. Is it easier or harder than the S with next gen seats? Is the height of the seat any different from the S?
The seat height above the cabin floor is approximately 10 inches in its highest position about 1 inch lower than the Model S Next Generation seat at its maximum height. The measurement is a bit tricky as the footwell on the 3 drops down as you go forward while on the Model S it is flat.