Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Insurance Rates - What Do You Pay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forced to have it repaired in Tesla certified auto body shops? I don't get it? You want Earl Scheib's working on your Tesla? What's wrong with it done at a Tesla certified body shop? You do understand that if its Tesla certified, its Tesla saying they know what they are doing and are expected/suppose to do it right. Its for your protection, not punishment.

Forced to have it repaired in Tesla certified auto body shops? I don't get it? You want Earl Scheib's working on your Tesla? What's wrong with it done at a Tesla certified body shop? You do understand that if its Tesla certified, its Tesla saying they know what they are doing and are expected/suppose to do it right. Its for your protection, not punishment.
Watching the only two certified shops in the Portland area price gouge with double the labor rate to work on a Tesla, left a bad taste in my mouth. In my case they didn’t even do any aluminum manipulation. They replaced a door for one incident and the other time they replaced a bumper cover. Both incedences cost over double what an average shop would have charged. Last time I looked there is now a third certified shop. I hope they have some decent customer service skills and some morals.

How do you know it was double what another non-certified shop would charge? I mean, if you did take it to another shop to get an estimate, why didn't you let the non-C shop do the work? Are you a body shop repair estimator by trade. I don't want to pay higher prices either. I don't want to be gouged either. But unless you have specific facts i.e. estimates from non-C and receipts what someone else paid, its quite unfair to group everything together because your gut says its more.

How do you know it was double what another non-certified shop would charge? I mean, if you did take it to another shop to get an estimate, why didn't you let the non-C shop do the work? Are you a body shop repair estimator by trade. I don't want to pay higher prices either. I don't want to be gouged either. But unless you have specific facts i.e. estimates from non-C and receipts what someone else paid, its quite unfair to group everything together because your gut says its more.
For the door replacement, the non-certified shop's estimate was $1906. The certified shop replaced it for $4,641. The bumper cover replacement cost $2286. I didn't get a second estimate for the bumper, but I think bumper covers normally cost around $1,000 to replace. Tesla says that using a non-certified shop can void your warranty. I'm not a body shop repair estimator by trade.